• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I need help and a truck.

Started by porcupine kate, August 08, 2007, 09:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine kate

Hello.
Since we just moved in I need to get some things for the new place like a free queen sized box spring from Manchvegas.  I was wondering if someone could help us move it.  My little car can't handle anything that big.  We could take you out to eat or lend a hand with something you need help with.
Kate

error

I could help you haul the thing around, but I don't have a truck either.

KBCraig

I can't help you move, but I will offer some advice for the future: check into a small lightweight trailer, like one of the ones from Harbor Freight.

I'm spoiled to having a truck, but I'm thinking of switching to a small car and a trailer for those occasions when I need to move something bulky, but not necessarily heavy (not more than 500 pounds). The small trailers can stand on end and take up barely any room in your garage. If you buy one, be sure to get the upgrade to larger wheels. Otherwise you're limited to about 45-50 mph.

Russell Kanning

no truckee here sorry

I do agree with the little trailer idea. A bunch of us could make use of it. :)

alohamonkey

Hey Kate,

I'll help you load the box springs.  I'll also ask my friend if I could borrow his truck this weekend but he is notoriously stingy with it.  I don't think I'll have any luck.  I know you can rent trucks/trailers at Home Depot for relatively cheap.  There's a Home Depot about a mile from my house.  I think it's $20/hour.  Do you guys need a gas dryer too?  Let me know. 

TackleTheWorld

I have a van and small trailer.  We may need help carrying queen size items up stairs.  Any time before Sunday is good with me.  How about you?

Russell Kanning

We will be in the area on Saturday because of the Concord Porcs meeting. We could help you use the big white van. :)

Bald Eagle

Ya.
Maybe we'll need a truck, maybe not.  I mean, we've got a roof rack.

Though I can imagine that once Kate buys a washer and a dryer, they will have to be moved to the second floor.  Depending upon their bulk/weight, I might not be able to ferry them up the stairwell alone or with only Kate to help.

The trailer is a great idea, and I've often considered it.

Please don't be shy about asking for help moving/carrying/installing/fixing things folks.
I'm here not only for political activism, but also to build a strong and prosperous Porcupine community.  If I can help out, I generally will.

I'm also looking for ways to stay afloat without providing a SSN, or filling out ANY government paperwork.  Anyone with jobs that need to be done, who are willing to trade value for value - payment for labor - please contact me by forum, email, phone, etc.

KBCraig

Here's one a lot of woodworkers recommend, for hauling lumber and sheets of plywood:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90154

Add your own plywood deck and side stakes.

Puke

I own a small 6 wide X 8 feet long X 5 feet tall.
It's a covered single axle.
Unfortunately, it's full of all my carp until I find a house to live in some day.  :-\

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Puke on August 09, 2007, 05:20 PM NHFT

Unfortunately, it's full of all my carp until I find a house to live in some day.  :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bald Eagle

You wicked, wicked vixen - you beat me to it!

I was going to go for more of a big tank filled with carp, but the idea was the same.

Puke

Lloyd Danforth

KBCraig