• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sad topic I just feel like writing about

Started by Raineyrocks, August 09, 2007, 08:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I've had 2 rabbits for 9 years and they are brother and sister, if you know about rabbits they're very bonded.  Anyways while I was away one of my bunnies, Honky, fell over to her side and can't walk right so my husband stayed up with her every night for hours after going to work to make sure she was eating and drinking, he also cleaned her. My other bunny, Mike, had stuff running out of his eyes when I got home so I took them both to the vets.
The vet said Honky may have an ear infection so why not try antibiotics before thinking of putting her to sleep.  He said Mike just had a regular eye infection, nothing deadly, and I went home very happy that there was hope.  When I got home Mike dragged himself out of the carrier, he couldn't use his back legs anymore at all so Rick and I took him back to the vets.  He somehow broke his back and had to be put to sleep.  This is the first time me and Rick ever went through making a decision like this and it was so hard but the vet said he would get so many infections and have a lousy life. 
I said my goodbyes and went outside to pray and I have my doubts about everything having to do with religions but when I pray I feel like God is listening, I don't know if it's wishful thinking or me talking to myself but nonetheless I feel "something".  So I walked over to the shadiest part of the parking lot and asked if there really was at least something nice for kids and animals after this life to show me by letting the sun shine so bright on me and it happened. Was it just coincidence?  Who really knows.  My husband and I are having major problems with each other and this kind of bought us closer together as we held each other and cried in the parking lot. We both said if this is all there is to everything then it's such a crock of shit. 
I am just wondering even though I know no one has the "real" answer even if we think we do if all of this afterlife and heaven stuff is real or if it's a way for us to deal with death?  It's strange because several times on the trip to Maryland I prayed for so many things and boom there was a solution.  Is it just because I put the vibe, out there somewhere, like law of attraction or was it God answering my prayers?  I know nobody can really answer these questions but if anyone has any view points I'd love to read them.  I feel there is something more even from my personal past experiences and the thread on near death experiences on here but is all just a big comfort?   
Then again when strange things happen that no one even asked for it kind of makes me think there's more. :-\
D

KBCraig

Raineyrocks

Daien

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 09, 2007, 08:45 AM NHFT
I am just wondering even though I know no one has the "real" answer even if we think we do if all of this afterlife and heaven stuff is real or if it's a way for us to deal with death?
Heaven and afterlife stuff is not real, and believing in it is a way to avoid dealing with the loss that death brings. When you're able to deal effectively with reality, you don't need fantasy.

I hope you don't find this too harsh, and I am sorry to hear about your bunny.

dalebert

I'm sorry for your loss.

I won't tell you whether or not to believe in a God. I would however, suggest that you don't base it on prayers and whether or not they get "answered". I know some very devout people who experienced a great deal of stress because they couldn't understand why they had difficult lives and their prayers weren't answered. I can't imagine a God that works that way- sort of a wish-granting genie. If there's a God, I think he's involvement in our lives or after lives is... well not like that.

kola

I believe the energy that lives within the Spirit never dies.

It can change to other lifeforms or remain the same but this lifeforce never dies.

I believe everything in this universe is alive, from the rocks to the trees to the animals and to us humans.

These are my Native American beliefs.

Feel free to google "Rainbow Bridge".  All my animals friends are there.  :)

peace to you,
Kola Brother-Warrior
Iroqouis Nation, Seneca Tribe

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tree Fairy on August 29, 2007, 08:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on August 09, 2007, 08:45 AM NHFT
I am just wondering even though I know no one has the "real" answer even if we think we do if all of this afterlife and heaven stuff is real or if it's a way for us to deal with death?
Heaven and afterlife stuff is not real, and believing in it is a way to avoid dealing with the loss that death brings. When you're able to deal effectively with reality, you don't need fantasy.

I hope you don't find this too harsh, and I am sorry to hear about your bunny.

No I don't find it harsh at all for all I know it could be like that, the not knowing for sure is what gets to me.  Thank you.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on August 29, 2007, 08:35 PM NHFT
I'm sorry for your loss.

I won't tell you whether or not to believe in a God. I would however, suggest that you don't base it on prayers and whether or not they get "answered". I know some very devout people who experienced a great deal of stress because they couldn't understand why they had difficult lives and their prayers weren't answered. I can't imagine a God that works that way- sort of a wish-granting genie. If there's a God, I think he's involvement in our lives or after lives is... well not like that.

I was just talking to my son about God and I do believe that I feel God, I hope it's not me making myself feel Him but I don't think it is.  If I stay away from churches and bibles I do much better. :)

I was telling my son how strange things happened that seemed like it was from God and he calls it coincidences but I don't.

One having to do with my dog Nocona who was my best friend for 16 years.  I was sitting in the kitchen with my oldest daughter days after he died and I said to her if my song to Nocona comes on the radio, (it was an old hardly ever played anymore Stevie Wonder song), then I can believe there's more to life than this. Well the song came on right after I said that, I sat there and cried at the amazement of it.  It wasn't a coincidence I just know it.  :)
I wish I didn't get doubtful sometimes but it happens.  Like how can 1 family be praying just as hard for their child to survive a disease as another family.  Then one of the children dies and the other lives.  Did 1 families prayers mean less than the other?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on August 29, 2007, 09:23 PM NHFT

It can change to other lifeforms or remain the same but this lifeforce never dies.

I believe everything in this universe is alive, from the rocks to the trees to the animals and to us humans.

peace to you,
Kola Brother-Warrior

I've thought about things like this a lot and I think that Native Americans got "it" much better than us regarding respect for life and death and awareness of different life forces and life forms. 

Life is energy and it has been proven that energy cannot be destroyed so when someone dies their energy remains.

When my 16 year old sheppard, Nocona, died I had owls hooting at my window all summer long and it never happened before.  I would lie there in bed and embrace what was happening, I got goosebumps and would feel at total peace.  I very much respect Native American beliefs, a lot of them make more sense to me than any "new" science or religion ever could. Thanks! :)

I also feel that the place I buried Nocona, (which is an indian name meaning "the wanderer"), birds would eat worms from the dirt where his remains are so therefore parts of him are in the birds now.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on August 29, 2007, 09:23 PM NHFT

peace to you,
Kola Brother-Warrior

Oh yeah something else I remembered.  I know this might sound weird but that's okay.  When I was a kid I used to walk up a dirt road in Connecticut and pretend that I was a wolf.  I would stand very still to hear all the sounds, breathe the air and have a total sense of awareness.  It was awesome.  I have to get back to my senses as a child and get out of the grown up thinking, that's what takes away a lot of true experiences in life.  I think I need to start feeling again instead of thinking. :)

kola

Rainey,
It is interesting you talk of the owls showing up after Nacona died. They are the night visitors and are the messengers that signal death.  Sometimes they come before a death and give warning but other times they appear afterwards. It is a sign that all is well and that whoever passed on has had a safe journey.

Everything follows the sacred circle of life.
All things must pass.
But all things never die.

btw, since as a child you acted out as a wolf, your totum (or power) animal could very well be the wolf. Everyone has one or two totum animals connected to them, if they so choose. If you are interested, read more about totum animals. Redtail hawks are my main power animal and the wolf is my second totum. 

Kola

Daien

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 30, 2007, 12:24 PM NHFT
No I don't find it harsh at all for all I know it could be like that, the not knowing for sure is what gets to me.  Thank you.

Doubt is a wonderful thing; it allows us to question the way we were raised and the beliefs that have been created for us. It allows us to examine the people around us, and find the truth of things within ourselves, not just accept the status quo; just as we don't accept the false morality of the government. Religion preys on doubt as a means of keeping people enslaved for monetary and personal benefit to the priests and those in positions of authority, and for this reason I abhor all of them completely. A core part of working for political freedom is achieving personal freedom; being bound to ideas and concepts that are detrimental to ourselves is harmful to all of us. Life is glorious, synchronistic, entirely logical and absolutely comprehensible to every human being without an intermediary, and of course the death of someone we love is always difficult. Yet this allows us to contemplate our own death, and realize the wondrousness and brevity of life, hopefully leading to a deeper appreciation of what we have and a clearer focus on where we spend our time and attention. Coping with death is a sometimes painful process that requires deep self-examination, and our current society would prefer that we all remain comfortably lulled because to begin to question is to eventually see answers that are going to make the deceptions of the church and state abundantly clear.

I agree with you that getting back to one's child-like mind and tuning in to one's feelings are vastly important, just as is thinking for yourself.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: kola on August 30, 2007, 12:56 PM NHFT
Rainey,
It is interesting you talk of the owls showing up after Nacona died. They are the night visitors and are the messengers that signal death.  Sometimes they come before a death and give warning but other times they appear afterwards. It is a sign that all is well and that whoever passed on has had a safe journey.

Everything follows the sacred circle of life.
All things must pass.
But all things never die.

btw, since as a child you acted out as a wolf, your totum (or power) animal could very well be the wolf. Everyone has one or two totum animals connected to them, if they so choose. If you are interested, read more about totum animals. Redtail hawks are my main power animal and the wolf is my second totum. 

Kola

Have you read Ted Andrews book about animal totems?  It's a neat book too.  I remember also that when I was like 3 years old I had this awake kind of dream and saw a gigantic owl staring at me from the bottom of my bed, I wonder what that meant.

That's comforting to know about the owls and Nocona.  I felt it meant something I just never knew what,  so thanks now I know. :)