• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

My Presidential Primary vote can be totally influenced by your bid

Started by Russell Kanning, August 10, 2007, 09:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I haven't written the full article for the paper yet but here is the summary:

Since the city of Keene will not take my name off of the voter rolls, I have decided to let the highest bidder completely influence my vote in future elections. My name is on the rolls, so the Dems might have been voting for me anyhow. Now I am excersizing my "right to vote" for fun and profit.

Many Presidential campaigns have visited Keene to try and influence our votes. I will be writing these campaigns to give them a more direct method of effecting my vote.

I promise to vote the way the top bidder asks me to in the Presidential Primary in 2008 here in NH. Your name or organization can remain anonymous or I can publicize your winning bid, whichever you prefer.

In NH, we have the ability to declare our party affiliation at the time of voting, so I can vote for any candidate you wish me to. I can also "write in" anyone. It is up to you.

Russell Kanning

The current bid is 1 Ron Paul Liberty Dollar (Silver ounce) for me to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican Primary. I will check if this person wants me to connect their name with the bid.

Ron Paul has the most signs up here in Keene. Maybe he will win. Your contributions can help that cause.

JonM

I bid a long-shot potential for reduction in federal government for a Ron Paul vote.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jon Maltz on August 10, 2007, 09:44 AM NHFT
I bid a long-shot potential for reduction in federal government for a Ron Paul vote.
The net present value of a very slim chance of a massive reduction in the Fed because of Ron Paul winning could be considered very large. :)

That might work for many voters, but I am more cynical. That bid doesn't outbid our current offer.

But thank you for stopping by and  *Apu voice* "Come Again"