• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press Litter Pickup

Started by Russell Kanning, August 10, 2007, 10:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

The Keene Free Press adopted a section of highway last year. It is highway 101 between Main Street/Hwy 12 and the Malborough town line.

I have been picking up trash a little at a time when the weather is perfect, but will plan ahead occasionally so others can join me.

The DOT supplies us with bags and picks them up after we leave them. We bring grabbers and pick up trash for an hour. The public enjoys a clean road. :)

Russell Kanning

I will be picking up trash on our section from 2-3pm (EDT). I will begin at the "Freedom Park" pullover (next to abandond railroad bridge) and head East.

Afterwards I will join the FreeKeene gang at nearby Robin Hood Park for a picnic at 4pm. :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 10, 2007, 10:43 AM NHFT
head East.

Ahhh... brings back memories (well at least a vague recollection  ;D )

Russell Kanning

NC2NH

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 10, 2007, 10:43 AM NHFT
I will be picking up trash on our section from 2-3pm (EDT). I will begin at the "Freedom Park" pullover (next to abandond railroad bridge) and head East.
1:15-2:15pm NHFT

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 10, 2007, 10:43 AM NHFTAfterwards I will join the FreeKeene gang at nearby Robin Hood Park for a picnic at 4pm. :)
3:15pm NHFT

;)

Russell Kanning

that's what my watch will say .... I have found too few of my compadres can handle a government free time scale.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 11, 2007, 06:12 AM NHFT
that's what my watch will say .... I have found too few of my compadres can handle a government free time scale.

What's this timescale you use? Are you just subtracting 45min from "standard" time or is it more complicated? And why 45min?

Russell Kanning

It is based on the sun my son. When you can snatch these pebbles from my hand you will understand all.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 11, 2007, 02:54 PM NHFT
It is based on the sun my son. When you can snatch these pebbles from my hand you will understand all.

That's what I was thinking... you're using a natural timescale like a sundial would display?

Russell Kanning

NC2NH

You had been quite accommodating by posting both time formats for events. :)

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 11, 2007, 12:09 PM NHFT
What's this timescale you use? Are you just subtracting 45min from "standard" time or is it more complicated? And why 45min?

NH Free Time aka Shire Time

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Hollywood on August 11, 2007, 10:08 PM NHFT

You had been quite accommodating by posting both time formats for events. :)

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 11, 2007, 12:09 PM NHFT

NH Free Time aka Shire Time

Ah. It's unfortunately still government-based time if you're basing it off of US timezones or UTC, though.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 11, 2007, 11:58 PM NHFT
Ah. It's unfortunately still government-based time if you're basing it off of US timezones or UTC, though.
oh I am sorry... I forgot that some people need things to be perfect ... never mind. You can go back to your regularly scheduled programming. In the mean time ... some of us will enjoy our NHFTy time. :)

Dave Ridley

i'm tentatively planning on being there and may videotape a story for keen free minds tv

i could use a number or two for people who'll be there and at free keene...so i can figure out where u are

call me at 721 1490 if u like

Russell Kanning