• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

free art

Started by supperman15, August 11, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

I would like to have a liberty art project.  I am hoping to start and improv troop when i get up there in a few weeks but i would lover there to be more. Poetry slams, art expositions, short story readings.  Any way to get the message out on an artistic level.   I think art is important, but it being subsidized is the death of art because you cut out it playing to a market. Are there any visual artist or writers in the group that would be interested in helping with this?  what are your thoughts?

dalebert

You know, just the other day I was thinking of a play with a Libertarian theme. We'd just need a space and a way to promote it. If I ever implement my coffee house idea, that would be a good place for it alongside other events like open mike nights. I also like the idea of decorating my coffee house with local art that could be purchased after a set period of display or returned to the artist to make way for new art. The artist gets a chance to display their work and perhaps find a buyer. The coffee house stays fresh and interesting for free. Maybe other FSP business could do similar things.

Speaking of, does anyone know of a place in Manchester that has open mike nights?

alohamonkey

I'm pretty sure the Bridge Street Cafe (near the corner of Bridge and Elm) has open mic nights.  I've never been to one but I eat there occasionally and I seem to remember seeing a sign for an open mic/poetry slam night.

dalebert

Quote from: alohamonkey on August 11, 2007, 02:16 PM NHFT
I'm pretty sure the Bridge Street Cafe (near the corner of Bridge and Elm) has open mic nights.

Maybe that's a way to get your project started, Supperman. If I decide to open my coffee shop, that would become another outlet.

Dave Ridley

i can do stuff as long as there is a crowd and a stage. 

supperman15

Brilliant!

Dalebert, if you need a director for that show or someone to help shape it let me know i have run a few new play festivals and would be more then happy to help in whatever way i can.  I too have been bouncing around play ideas.

What kind of artistic talents do we have in the bunch, do we have some artists?

frisco

I do a GG Allin type of schtick, if you dig performance art.  Mostly it is just me flinging poo.

Rosie the Riveter

GG huh Morey? I'd like to see that  ;D

A great place for an outdoor show is the park across from the Manchester city library....or veterans park on elm st.

As far as I know the Bridge does not host an open mic any longer... a real coffee house in Manch would be sweet...

In the mean time maybe Murphy's would like some street performers on Sat night...

Insurgent

Quote from: Morey on August 23, 2007, 05:36 PM NHFT
I do a GG Allin type of schtick, if you dig performance art.  Mostly it is just me flinging poo.

:broc1: hilarity!