• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

what kind of ammo do you use the most?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 13, 2007, 12:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EJinCT

Quote from: GraniteForge on August 27, 2007, 10:40 PM NHFT
Eh, plenty of people get shot in the head, even by larger calibers, and don't die. 

That's another reason to aim for center mass. ;D

Moving? As soon as I save up enough funds.

Ammo?

Only 12ga. atm; whatever is cheap at the local gun shop.

Will buy my first pistol once I move to NH. Still need to try out different brands to see what is comfortable and different calibers to see what rounds I can control effectively.

Recumbent ReCycler

I use .22lr more than any other caliber, and have more guns in .22lr than any other caliber.  I also shoot .40 S&W, 9mm nato, 12 ga, 7.62x54R, .38 special, .357 Mag, .357 Sig, .380 ACP, and occasionally some other calibers.

Giggan

.22LR cause its cheap, and I'm also partial to 9mm Para, cause its all-around the ideal cartridge. Inexpensive, reliable, moderately powerful, and there's a million guns that'll accept it. .357s are cool since they accept .38s, which is pretty much all I shoot out of them. I never buy .38 pistols though, because I like keeping my options open.

And I just ordered an AR-15, so of course I plan on using a lot of .223.

specter34

9 mm  w-mart    speer for carry +p
.45acp w-mart   speer for carry +p
7.62x39 ammoman
7.62x54r ammoman
.223/5.56 w-mart
12ga w-mart

me likes to go shooty! :)

Riddler

born & raised NH (grparents moved here in '36)

run the gamut on guns n' ammo:

12 ga (have a S&W 3100 'riot' gun- former prison guard shotgun)
12 ga. Mossgurg pistol grip w/ night lite
.44 harry callahan w/ scope (bahhhahhaahhaa)
.45 1911
.45 Big Henry rifle (just bought....beautiful piece...old west lever action)
.45 ACP Thompson 1927 A-1 (tommy gun) semi-auto only (rats)....full auto only for feds & coppers ..still made by Auto-Ordnance in Worcester, Ma. (wista, if youse a native)
.380 'backup' ankle shooter
9 mm sig arms
9 mm firestar

beretta92d

for carry-9mm luger (federal) 147gr hydra-shok jacketed H.P.

for practice at the range(sadly,haven't been in awhile)-Winchester White Box 115gr F.M.J. from walmart for $7/box

and as far as moving to N.H. .....been living here since i was born  :boogie:(cept for a yr in conn)

picaro

.22 LR
.45 ACP

7.62x39
7mm Shooting Times Western  (8mm Remington Magnum necked down to 7mm)

Would like to get something in .308 for my next rifle.

Tommy Gun

Mostly 9 mm for cc., 30-06, 223, 22RF and 12 GA. for hunting.  I keep my ammo selections conventional because they are cost effective.

rmodel65

i carry a smith and wesson M&P 40 cal (OC) or a kel-tec p11 in the mall (cc)

in the m&pp i carry corbon DPX and the keltec currently has walmart w.b. winchester self defense rounds

Jared

the only ammo they make for my gun (browning 358) is made by winchester, so i'm afraid i don't have much of a choice :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Jared on September 20, 2008, 11:58 AM NHFT
the only ammo they make for my gun (browning 358) is made by winchester, so i'm afraid i don't have much of a choice :)

And Winchester only offers one loading (200 grain Silvertips).

You're not limited to commercial loadings, though. The .358 Winchester uses necked-up .308 brass, and there is plenty of load data available. You can even use pistol slugs in reduced loads for plinking.

Obscure calibers are fun. You just have to find ways to make them work.  8)

Lloyd Danforth

I use a lot of .45 ACP.  You know! For the Thompson!

PowerPenguin

I use .32 long centerfire. I *really* don't recommend it 8-)

Raineyrocks

Usually the  ammo I use is my mouth.  :icon_biggrin:    Yup, I just keep talking until no one wants to hear me anymore and then they just go away. 8)

Remember you didn't specify that the ammo had to be "gun" ammo!  ;D