• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gunsmithing and cleaning services available

Started by Bald Eagle, August 13, 2007, 01:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

4 years experience in cleaning, repairing, and maintaining a wide variety of current production and military surplus handguns and long guns.

Sight installation and adjustment, some repair
Scope mounting and rough zeroing
Cosmoline removal from mil-surp small arms
Field stripping and cleaning
Detail stripping
Electrochemical bore cleaning
Action cycle diagnostics
Removal of stuck rounds from loaded chambers
Removal of stuck choke tubes
Patterning shotguns
Removal of broken screws, redrilling and tapping holes, reconditioning "buggered" screws
Replacement of broken or missing parts
"I took it apart, and now I can't get it back together"
Stripping, sanding, and refinishing stocks, repairing cracked stocks and forends
Rust removal, limited polishing
Installation of sling swivels and slings
Some slugging of barrels and lapping of rifling

I have a Gamma master Shooting Chrony chronograph that I can chronograph loads with.
I have a Dillon XL 650 progressive reloading press, a vibratory tumbler, and a media separator.
I can take your range pick-up brass and return clean, deprimed or reprimed brass to you.

Reloading lessons available $30 per person / hour, $20 for Porcs.
I can set up your new press and dies and teach you how to use it.
I cannot load ammunition for sale, since the Bastards At The F'ing Empire require a federal license to do that.
* BATFE is not welcome at my home.

Reblueing or other finishing work is currently beyond my skills and equipment
All work on NFA items must be done under the supervision of the registered owner  * See above
I reserve the Right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.  Questionable items, items not worth repairing, or that are beyond my skill level will not be repaired.  Especially valuable or delicate guns or antiques will not be handled.  Some things simply cannot be repaired, or are of such quality that they will not stay repaired.  I do not shorten barrels, affix muzzle devices, or do certain trigger work.  * See above
I greatly prefer revolver work that does not require disassembly.  Revolvers are like clocks - I'm not that good.

Custom work can be contracted on an individual basis.  In general, any outsourced work will be pre-approved by the customer before any work on the project as a whole proceeds.

Lloyd Danforth

You planning on partnering up with him Scott?

PinoX7

I got a 7mm mag and a mossburg 500, that have about 4 months of water damage to them, any chance you could salvage them?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Bald Eagle on August 13, 2007, 01:31 PM NHFT
  Especially valuable or delicate guns or antiques will not be handled. 
Guess I'm not gonna get the hand repaired on my pepperbox :'(

Recumbent ReCycler

I can help with some of the services that Bald Eagle doesn't provide.  I can make custom formed kydex holsters.  You pick the angle, height, tightness, IWB/OWB, etc.  I can also reform other manufacturers' kydex holsters if they don't fit your gun well.  I have replaced the cylinder hand in a revolver.  I should have the capability to do parkerizing and some other work soon.  All work is done while you wait.  You can watch the process if you like.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on October 17, 2007, 10:36 AM NHFT
I have replaced the cylinder hand in a revolver.

Probably not one a hundred and forty year old one ;D.  If I thought it was safe to fire, I would be more concerned about the hand.  It would be cool to pop some caps, though ;D

Recumbent ReCycler

I've got a feeling that revolver cylinder turning technology hasn't changed much over the last hundred years.  What is wrong with your hand, is it bent, jammed, something else?

Lloyd Danforth

I think it is just warn. It's too short, but, rounded, not obviously broken. I've had the barrels off, but, not the sideplate.  I once thought about silver soldering a new tip on it, but, that was years ago.  I'm guessing some new micro brazing technique is out there today.  If I got it out, I could probably make another one. It would be nice to compare it to the hand on an identical gun.  I think it is made by Norwich Arms.