• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine working at The Common Man in Concord

Started by NHRes2004, August 17, 2007, 07:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

NHRes2004

Just went to The Common Man in Concord and our waitress was She-Who-Adores-He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named.

If you are looking to celebrate a special occasion - the dinner prices are up there but well worth it - then go to the Common Man and ask for Christine Lopez's section.

d_goddard

AWESOME!!

Chris is amazing... she organized the NHLA Liberty Dinner and did one hell of an awesome job of it. She was also instrumental in making the Holiday Inn dining experience so sumptuous for both Liberty Forum dinners. In my opinion, Holiday Inn shot itself in the face when they failed to keep her.

I love Common Man -- especially the delicious white chocolate after dinner, mmmMmMMMMMmmmm.... and now I have an excuse to go more often!!

Friday

Quote from: NHRes2004 on August 17, 2007, 07:27 PM NHFT
Just went to The Common Man in Concord and our waitress was She-Who-Adores-He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named.

Bellatrix LeStrange is waitressing in Concord, NH?!   :o

Bald Eagle

Just went there tonight with the family, and enjoyed a lot of Deeeeeelicious food and drink.
Christine wasn't there, but we asked for her, so maybe the more people ask, the more valued she will be.

Kat Kanning

toowm

The Common Man in Windham went smoke-free for the new law. :'( They were one of the places that did smoking right - we never smelled any smoke, yet smokers could enjoy drinks and dinner as well.

PowerPenguin

What was their secret? This is info required to diffuse the "non smokers get screwed in smoking section restaurants" argument.

grasshopper

I semi designed a system with a friend of mine, it might be expensive but if we throw off this stupid no smoking NAZI law I could be encouraged to share.

Insurgent

Jaqeboy and I have been there a couple times with friends and have been delighted with this establishment; the aforementioned Porcupine was working there one night and came over to engage us in conversation  :)

EJinCT

Quote from: PowerPenguin on August 25, 2007, 09:49 PM NHFT
What was their secret? This is info required to diffuse the "non smokers get screwed in smoking section restaurants" argument.

I would wager nothing special, likely just a very good filtration/ventilation system. It also could have been basic ventilation with some form of masking solution; in which case the odor is not apparent but the hazardous chemicals are still present in the air.

The solution still would deny business owners the freedom to choose if they want a smoking/non-smoking establishment while placing a significant financial burden on them; ( yes, the filtration systems can be very pricey.)

Porcupine Realtor

Went there, loved the food, loved the service.  Be sure to ask for waitress "Christine."