• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Short Film to Promote FSP

Started by dalebert, August 13, 2007, 07:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Before I left CA, I wrote a script for a short film that I wanted to produce and direct myself for a liberty-oriented film festival. Ultimately, there just wasn't enough time to get it done in time for the festival so I couldn't justify the $1k plus it would have cost me to make. Well, it suddenly occurred to me that there are resources here (porcupines) that would substantially reduce the cost and make it a lot easier to justify the project for web release like on YouTube.

The setting for the film was a big cost. I needed a bar. What about Murphy's? Think he'd let us film there during off hours?

Tom Sawyer is an expert camera man. Does anyone have video editing experience?

Part of the props are some posters/photographs behind the bar. I'm sure there are porcs with the right skills to help with that.

Are there any porcs who have done a little acting? I'm not talking TV series here. I'm college plays and stuph like that.

What do you guys think of this? The script is for a very short film- about 3 mins maybe, that builds up to a punch line making fun of big government. We would then end it with info about FSP and NHFree.

Tom Sawyer

I edit more than I shoot. My camera is sick and being sent out to repair.

The Candid World guys have a wide format camera. Maybe they would be interested. Lighting is the really challenge.

This winter is the best time for my editing availablity.

error

DadaOrwell can edit as well, and I think he even knows how to shoot.

Braddogg

I was the star thespian in my high school; I'd be happy to come up for a shoot :)

dalebert

I guess I should give more information. There are lots of parts for non-speaking extras (bar customers), but the two main parts are the bartender who should be physically intimidating (think lumberjack type), and a small frail-looking elderly man. He doesn't actually have to BE frail- just be able to look it. Same goes for the bartender. There's also a small non-speaking part for a Catholic woman that I pictured as a Mexican woman. Don't know if we can find one so I'll probably need to be flexible.

sandm000

Let's take a look at my acting resume and we'll see if I could help you out.

Director: N/A
Editor: N/A
Cast: N/A
Crew: N/A

Beers Drunk: Countless

I can help.  I can sit in the background and drink!

Braddogg

Oh.  Heh, I'm neither a lumberjack nor a cripple.  BUT, I can drink!  Save me a seat, Sandm?

sandm000

As soon as Mr. DeMille gets off his butt and gets a location date set, we can have all the seats in sight.

supperman15

my degree is in theatrical directing, i took a few film courses and had to take a bunch of acting, ill be up there on september 3rd if all goes according to plan.  let me know what you need.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on August 14, 2007, 08:53 AM NHFT
the bartender who should be physically intimidating (think lumberjack type)

Somebody get Dreepa some acting lessons!

PatK should play the "Norm" character.  ;)

dalebert

Quote from: Ron Helwig on August 14, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on August 14, 2007, 08:53 AM NHFT
the bartender who should be physically intimidating (think lumberjack type)

Somebody get Dreepa some acting lessons!

OMG! I didn't want to say it. Wasn't sure how it would be received.  :blush:

PatK should play the "Norm" character.  ;)

You know, I hadn't given much thought to the extras, but it could add some nice flavor to come up with some interesting bar characters in the background reacting in various ways to whats going on with the main characters. The only one I thought of was the Catholic lady.

sandm000

The picture on the left is me 'Acting' surprised.

Also, I can 'act' drunk.  If it is all to the benefit of your movie, I would be pleased, nay, honored, to 'act' sozzled while other people talk.

Puke

Does your movie need a soldier?
I can bring my own wardrobe.  ;D

sandm000

Quote from: Puke on August 14, 2007, 03:03 PM NHFT

Oooh, oooh :wave:, what about a wizard?  Do you need one of those?

Puke

Quote from: sandm000 on August 15, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Puke on August 14, 2007, 03:03 PM NHFT
Oooh, oooh :wave:, what about a wizard?  Do you need one of those?

A wizard soldier!!