• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience Idea -- Feedback Wanted

Started by Rocketman, May 23, 2005, 12:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

"Libertyhound"...... yeah, that's fitting  ;D

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

This is a much better idea than mine.......can you imagine people buying a beer for the young vet that just came home? :D

Dreepa

I see that you have two beer choices.

Anchor Steam's Liberty Ale
or
Samuel Adams.

The beer must fit the occasion.

Russell Kanning

Maybe those can work for everyone else....these guys have their own brew to give away in Kentucky 8)

Dreepa

Even Better.

Maybe make some labels that call it 'Vet's Privilege' or something to that effect.

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Rocketman on May 24, 2005, 04:42 PM NHFT
We're working on finding an underage vet who is willing -- I don't think it will take long.

Check local liberty groups first.  Work quickly though!

To be clear: it's Sidney's idea, and his action.? I'm just supporting him, and I'll follow up with LTE's urging a new debate over the drinking age law and the erosion of liberty in general.

In order for the event to be a success, you must be able to bring at least ten or twenty supporters.  We aimed for 50 at the manicure event and about 27 showed up, with significant publicity.  Spam ALL pro-liberty groups in your state about this until you are absolutely positive at least a dozen people will be there.  If you do not know someone by first name and if you don't have their promise to show up, just assume they aren't coming.

Networking is the key here.  You need to be at every meeting of every pro-liberty group you can find in that area.  When they see the huge sacrifice you're making, and the huge success that has been found through these means, they WILL support you.  "Even a stupid manicure licensing event worked!  See for yourself on NHFree.com!"

Another angle is that Sidney is a bartender, so he spends his working hours serving beverages, but wouldn't be allowed to serve an underage vet.? As for location, we figured he'd just do it on the steps of the Floyd County Courthouse in Prestonsburg (a small town -- 3000 folks).? If the tv cameras are rolling, I imagine the cops would have to arrest him.? The letters will state his intention of continuing to periodically reward underage vets with six-packs. ?Frankfort is a two hour drive, and I'm not sure traveling is necessary.

You must travel to a central location to pull off your event.  If this is done in your own town, the statewide support will be weak, especially if your town is in the middle of nowhere.  You need supporters to show up, you need to make the event symbolic, and you MUST create a reaction from the government.  I do not see a better location than in front of the ABC.  You're basically walking up to the system itself and slapping it in the face.  If I had done my event in Newmarket, nobody would have noticed.

I agree that letters should be sent to ABC and perhaps other authorities, as well as press releases to all media well in advance of the event.

Mike, I appreciate your help with the press release.? Once the plan is finalized, we'll do a final version and distribute it.? We've got plenty of time to refine the approach. ?What's the best timetable for sending out the letters and press releases? ?Should anybody other than ABC get a letter, or can they be expected to pass the word along to other authorities who would consider themselves relevant?

Release everything about 3 weeks in advance.  Work your butt off to get at least a small local paper to recognize your event, then call newspapers, TV stations, and radio stations around the state and point them to the story.  Any time the media coverage escalates to another level, tell all the media outlets about it.  I started with one brand new local newsletter with no reputation or circulation, and told the media about our "planned coverage", and that helped escalate it to the next level.  Get any official response you can.  If necessary, have a friend call the bureaucrats in charge and ask for a statement for the press.  The media tried to ignore me, but when the Attorney General's lawsuit was filed, I could no longer be ignored.  You must have an official response of some type.  If they ignore you, you may lose any promise of coverage.

However, the fact that my event had significant coverage was more than enough for Russell's press release to be pursued because some members of the media are now regularly keeping in touch with me and asking what's next.  If you successfully piggy-back off my event's success in the media, you'll have media coverage.  This will be a self-sustaining process that nobody will be able to stop!  :)

Treat the media like gold.  Do not bribe them, but thank them at every opportunity like your world revolves around them.  Ask them what they need to know and give it to them.  Ask how you can help, and do it.  Call and e-mail the media every time an article is published, positive or not, and thank them graciously for the coverage.

You could send a letter to the ABC and the state Attorney General's office.  That should guarantee a response.  ;)

Michael Fisher

Russell, are you listening to this stuff?  ;)

libertyhound

First, thanks for your continued interest in this matter, Mike.? I don't think taking this show on the road to the capital is really what we need to do.? You have to understand how powerful the "Clannish" mentality in this area is.? I can get many more supporters here at home than I could at the capital.? As far as liberty goups in this state, well, they are almost nonexistent. The only one I know of is in its very early stages. That would be our local chapter of the Free State Project and its whopping 3 members. We will be there waving the gadsden, which I intend to have tattooed on my back by then. Most of the harsh anti government thought in this area hides in the hollows between these mountains and is rarely publicly voiced. I think our location is part of our strength and I would like to do this in my hometown.? I was raised here and if there is anything I can do for this place before I leave for NH, it is put it on the map for a few weeks with something like this. I also hope to generate a little curiosity in the area so Matt and I can "spread the good word" of freedom.?

We'll have everything ready for release three weeks in advance of the event.  We thought we had a vet, but it turns out he just turned 21, so back to work on that...

Rocketman

Yeah, there ain't no liberty groups in this area, nor any in Frankfort.? Instead we have liberty front porches in liberty "hollers."? I don't think attendance will be a problem if we can find a local vet to honor.?

Also, we'll have a website up and running by the time our press releases go out, and I expect that will help the cause.? Tomorrow is writing day for me.? ?:)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: libertyhound on May 24, 2005, 11:03 PM NHFT
First, thanks for your continued interest in this matter, Mike.? I don't think taking this show on the road to the capital is really what we need to do.? You have to understand how powerful the "Clannish" mentality in this area is.? I can get many more supporters here at home than I could at the capital.? As far as liberty goups in this state, well, they are almost nonexistent. The only one I know of is in its very early stages. That would be our local chapter of the Free State Project and its whopping 3 members. We will be there waving the gadsden, which I intend to have tattooed on my back by then. Most of the harsh anti government thought in this area hides in the hollows between these mountains and is rarely publicly voiced. I think our location is part of our strength and I would like to do this in my hometown.? I was raised here and if there is anything I can do for this place before I leave for NH, it is put it on the map for a few weeks with something like this. I also hope to generate a little curiosity in the area so Matt and I can "spread the good word" of freedom.?

We'll have everything ready for release three weeks in advance of the event.? We thought we had a vet, but it turns out he just turned 21, so back to work on that...

That's a great sentiment! ?We are all learning in this process, so definitely do what you feel is right! ?Thanks for considering my opinion!

I'm only talking about what worked for me in general and following my advice is not necessary. ?What's really important is to get the media to show up, as well as some supporters.

Another thing that worked for me was to put all of my attention into the event during the weeks leading up to it. ?There is little room for slacking off! ?;) ?You're going to suffer. ?Suffer for a reason! ?Make it count! ?:)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: libertyhound on May 24, 2005, 11:03 PM NHFT
We will be there waving the gadsden, which I intend to have tattooed on my back by then.

WOOHOO!!!

NICE!   8)

Dreepa

May Mike's Manicure
June Russell ' I just want to fly'
July  Vets just wants a beer.

What's in store for August?  Protest a month is happening... wait until it is 'protest per week.'   >:D

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Dreepa on May 24, 2005, 11:28 PM NHFT
May Mike's Manicure
June Russell ' I just want to fly'
July? Vets just wants a beer.

What's in store for August?? Protest a month is happening... wait until it is 'protest per week.'? ?>:D

August:  Mass burning of national IDs (passports and social security cards) at state capitals nationwide.  Kat's idea.  ;)