• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tuath Network

Started by Lex, August 14, 2007, 08:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Quote from: Beavis on August 17, 2007, 09:34 PM NHFT
I'm familiar with universal healthcare, but that's crap, too. :)

What do you recommend?

To me it doesn't make a difference that much, whether i implement BBcode or parse our bad HTML and only leave stuff like bold tags, etc.

Eli

Will you have a place for folks to sell services on the new site?

-E

Lex

Quote from: Eli on August 21, 2007, 02:38 PM NHFT
Will you have a place for folks to sell services on the new site?

-E

Yes.

MatthewDP

I'd love to beta test (send an invite to paulsonm@pluto.dsu.edu)...what language are you guys doing this in?

error

Quote from: MatthewDP on August 22, 2007, 09:28 PM NHFT
I'd love to beta test (send an invite to paulsonm@pluto.dsu.edu)...what language are you guys doing this in?

Yeah, sign me up too.

I think it's in English. If it's not, then most of us wouldn't be able to participate!

MatthewDP

Programming language.... php? asp.net?

Lex

Quote from: MatthewDP on August 22, 2007, 09:33 PM NHFT
Programming language.... php? asp.net?

Python same language as Google uses for all of their web applications.

MatthewDP

nice. Definitely like the concept so far

J’raxis 270145

Any updates on this? I see my junk test posts are still in there...

Lex

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 02, 2007, 12:33 PM NHFT
Any updates on this? I see my junk test posts are still in there...

I've been working on it off and on. I've also been working on the interface quite a bit in terms of the create/edit/delete/view of things. Playing around with some DHTML.

- lex

J’raxis 270145

Friday

Lex, is there any particular reason why you're doing a system from scratch rather than using one of the social networking packages that are available?  Some are free, and some cost a few hundred dollars.  Not that there's anything wrong with building one from scratch, I'm just curious.

Lex

Quote from: Friday on September 03, 2007, 02:16 PM NHFT
Lex, is there any particular reason why you're doing a system from scratch rather than using one of the social networking packages that are available?  Some are free, and some cost a few hundred dollars.  Not that there's anything wrong with building one from scratch, I'm just curious.

I have my own way of doing things and none of the ones out there match my programming style so it's actually easier for me to write it from scratch.

Lex

Friday, how's yours coming along?

Friday

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 03, 2007, 07:04 PM NHFT
Friday, how's yours coming along?

My poll hasn't even closed yet!  And I just came up with a new idea today, an awful, Grinchy idea  >:D... so maybe I will leave the social networking to you.