• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free ride to Strafford Republican Picnic / Straw Poll Tomorrow (8/18)

Started by varrin, August 17, 2007, 02:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

varrin

Y'all,

I'm going to the Strafford County Republican Picnic tomorrow.  They're having a fun social gathering with several Presidential candidates (Huckabee, Paul, and either Hunter or Tancredo, I forget which now) as well as other wellish known Republican types.  In addition, there's a straw poll where you can vote for your favorite Presidential candidate (hint: Ron Paul ;)

Due to a miscommunication on my part, I now have space in my van for several people if you'd like to go.  We'd depart Keene (I can either pick you up or you can park in my big 'ole driveway if your car doesn't leak) mid-morning (around 10ish or a touch thereafter), drive to the picnic (a little under two hours) eat hot dogs and burgers, be wooed by politicians (ahem) and vote for the good Doctor.  The party plans to publicize the results, some media will be present, and there's a possibility it could make national coverage (any time there's multiple candidates hanging around that's a possibility).  Paul got 5th in Iowa, 3rd in Illinois, and *could* actually win this one if we bring enough support.  Tickets are $20 (cash or checks to SCRC) and can be bought at the gate.

Anyway, if you'd like to come with, drop me an email before tomorrow morning, and/or call me.  Try both phone numbers and leave messages: home: 603-499-4145 and cell 559-709-8150. 

Cheerio...

V-

dEadERest

I will similarly have room for few more departing from Londonderry Middle School after the parade. PM or email up to 9AM tomorrow morning.