• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Legal guns in Salem

Started by John, August 19, 2007, 12:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RobFromSalem

Quote from: Seamas on September 20, 2007, 07:49 PM NHFT
It's very unfortunate that the guy agreed to a search.  I can see why some people are cowed into doing something like this by the police though.  I suspect the police are given training on how to dishonestly say things like "it's going to be easier on you if you cooperate", etc.  I think everyone should check out http://flexyourrights.org/, especially because the same things that could get someone in trouble for drugs apply to firearms in some states (predictably, the ACLU focuses on drug busts and not Second Amendment infringement).

Good for you for being a stand up guy and helping this unfortunate stranger out!  Also, I doubt anyone agrees 100% with what everyone here has to say - it would be logically impossible.

I had a cop one time say to me "would you rather have me visit your house and talk to you, or do you want to come down to the station"? haha. How about . . I have nothing to say to you! They're trained to word things so you think you don't have any choice but to do what they want.

Dreepa

welcome Rob... hell most people don't agree on these boards.... except we like freedom... and if you support Ron Paul... then you probably agree with many people here. Coming to Manchester on the 29th?

RobFromSalem

Seamas

Yea, "Am I free to go or am I under arrest" springs to mind as the appropriate reply.  Folks are smartening up every day in terms of having friends video things and, "we have taped you detaining me for X minutes without explanation, am I now free to go?" might work even better.  But if words fail you, just saying, "I have nothing else to say; am I free to go?" and NOTHING else is the way to go.  It may take a few repetitions of ignoring the questions but the police have been trained to elicit info and debating them isn't the point.

Quote from: RobFromSalem on September 20, 2007, 08:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Seamas on September 20, 2007, 07:49 PM NHFT
It's very unfortunate that the guy agreed to a search.  I can see why some people are cowed into doing something like this by the police though.  I suspect the police are given training on how to dishonestly say things like "it's going to be easier on you if you cooperate", etc.  I think everyone should check out http://flexyourrights.org/, especially because the same things that could get someone in trouble for drugs apply to firearms in some states (predictably, the ACLU focuses on drug busts and not Second Amendment infringement).

Good for you for being a stand up guy and helping this unfortunate stranger out!  Also, I doubt anyone agrees 100% with what everyone here has to say - it would be logically impossible.

I had a cop one time say to me "would you rather have me visit your house and talk to you, or do you want to come down to the station"? haha. How about . . I have nothing to say to you! They're trained to word things so you think you don't have any choice but to do what they want.