• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gilbert and Sullivan would be proud... or might sue....

Started by jcpliberty, January 08, 2005, 09:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Jim C. Perry's Adaptation of "A Model Major-General" by Gilbert and Sullivan.

I am the very model of a modern libertarian
I know the Bill of Rights by heart, and quite often I carry them.
I know the Founding Fathers, and I quote their works historical
From Washington to Jefferson, its really quite fanatical;
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters economical,
I understand the IRS, illegal and maniacal
About the coming revolt, I am teeming with a lot o' news
With many dreadful facts about our government's power abuse.

I know our country's history, King George the III and the Red Coats.
I don't like the conservatives or liberals or bureaucrats.
When elections come around, I talk lots about our tax and tolls;
And how our Federal Government is spinning way out of control.
So when you see us running for the State House or for Governor
Don't forget to vote for us and for a smaller government.
I'd sing another chorus, but I have meeting to attend;
I am the very model of a modern libertarian!

AlanM

Lil Jim,
So, you are a lyricist. Care to work on a new Musical Comedy about some Freedom loving folk who live in NH?

jcpliberty

Quote from: AlanM on January 08, 2005, 10:04 PM NHFT
Lil Jim,
So, you are a lyricist. Care to work on a new Musical Comedy about some Freedom loving folk who live in NH?

Aw, shucks... sure! Here is the only problem- I am only able to come up with lyrics if I have a tune already to work on. Give me music, and I can get lyrics to you and minutes.

JP

AlanM

Quote from: jcpliberty on January 08, 2005, 10:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on January 08, 2005, 10:04 PM NHFT
Lil Jim,

Aw, shucks... sure! Here is the only problem- I am only able to come up with lyrics if I have a tune already to work on. Give me music, and I can get lyrics to you and minutes.

JP

That's what I'm looking for. I have plenty of music, and some ideas for a plot. Will need dialogue and lyrics for songs. This could be a lot of fun, and possibly make some money.
Alan

jcpliberty

Quote from: AlanM on January 08, 2005, 10:15 PM NHFT
That's what I'm looking for. I have plenty of music, and some ideas for a plot. Will need dialogue and lyrics for songs. This could be a lot of fun, and possibly make some money.
Alan

Sounds fun.

JP

AlanM

Do you have Windows Media player, or a similar program that can play MIDIs? If so, I will send some MIDIs of music I have available. We can discuss plot and scenes after you have heard the music. See if you feel you can write lyrics to it. You won't be alone, by the way. I will write some, and deal with the dialogue and story line. Read Water Sheerie to get an idea of the types of characters I am looking at. Also, I have another play by the same author I want you to read, also.

jcpliberty

Quote from: AlanM on January 08, 2005, 10:25 PM NHFT
Do you have Windows Media player, or a similar program that can play MIDIs? If so, I will send some MIDIs of music I have available. We can discuss plot and scenes after you have heard the music. See if you feel you can write lyrics to it. You won't be alone, by the way. I will write some, and deal with the dialogue and story line. Read Water Sheerie to get an idea of the types of characters I am looking at. Also, I have another play by the same author I want you to read, also.

Ok, and yes, I do have Media Player.

JP

AlanM