• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kennebunkport, Maine Rally and March for Peace

Started by jaqeboy, August 20, 2007, 12:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Insurgent

Interesting discussion, but way off topic. There are plenty of other threads to debate the left-vs-right paradigm  :)

EthanAllen

Quote from: lawofattraction on August 23, 2007, 05:16 PM NHFT
How is land "rivalrous"?

It is immovable and two people can't occupy the same location at the same time.

CNHT

Quote from: lawofattraction on August 23, 2007, 04:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 23, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFTOh boy, Jane is going to love this. I hope she hasn't put me on ignore yet!

Oh I doubt that she will leave you on ignore for very long. She put me on ignore once then took me right off again a few days later. I think she enjoys debating left libertarians. ;)

law I have never had you on ignore!  :o

EthanAllen

Quote from: lawofattraction on August 23, 2007, 04:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 23, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFTOh boy, Jane is going to love this. I hope she hasn't put me on ignore yet!

Oh I doubt that she will leave you on ignore for very long. She put me on ignore once then took me right off again a few days later. I think she enjoys debating left libertarians. ;)

I don't call what she does debating. She doesn't even pretend to understand the most basic principles of libertarianism. I don't know how she ever could have educated anyone in public schools as a teacher.

CNHT

Quote from: EthanAllen on August 27, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT
I don't call what she does debating. She doesn't even pretend to understand the most basic principles of libertarianism. I don't know how she ever could have educated anyone in public schools as a teacher.

As I said before, your definition of libertarianism is clearly different than others' definitions, not just mine.

Just because someone disagrees with you, you feel the need to call them ignorant.

It's like saying, Jane doesn't like my favorite color which is orange, therefore she must not be able to see it because I know if she could see it she'd like it for her favorite too....

I did not teach political science.

Get a life and accept the fact that people don't agree with your brand of whateverism. If you can't stand what they believe in, just say so, fine, but stop accusing them of being stupid just because they don't agree with you.

-1 (you forced me to do something I rarely do)

EthanAllen

Quote from: CNHT on August 27, 2007, 09:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 27, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT

As I said before, your definition of libertarianism is clearly different than others' definitions, not just mine.

Just because someone disagrees with you, you feel the need to call them ignorant.

The problem Jane is you have never defined what you mean by libertarianism when you criticize others use of the term. The only conclusion that can be inferred from interacting with you and reading your interactions with others is you know what you don't like "when you see it" yet can't take the responsibility to discuss why based on first principles because you have no idea what first principles you believe in. Thus, you resort to scare monger based on conspiracy theories which have a kernel of truth. Just a step up from your Republican cohorts in leadership who resort to scare mongering based on outright lies.

jaqeboy

Quote from: lawofattraction on August 27, 2007, 08:01 PM NHFT
McKinney, Sheehan, Tarpley Warn Of New Cheney 911
The Kennebunkport Warning

Thanks for posting the Kennebunkport Warning, law. I did get it from other email lists, but saw it from you first!

Just a couple of comments: 911blogger.com has it posted, with a comment thread, OpEdNews.com has it posted with a lot of criticism of Tarpley and one other signer for being LaRouchies. Tarpley came to Dover, New-Hampshire back in the early spring, and I have been reading his book: 9/11 Synthetic Terror; Made in USA - it is very dense with information and it names names - it's usually in stock at the Conspiracy Cafe (direct link-not updated recently).

They are expressing warnings of what I have a fear of being true representations of the madmen's plans. I guess they just want to put them on record and spread the word out to the grass roots.

One set of photos of the event are here by Doug Prince (his wife is an organizer with Code Pink, hence all the pink in the photos).

Media articles: Portland Press-Herald, ANTI-WAR RALLY: 'Ready for a change'
SeacoastOnline.com, 4000 protest war

CNHT

Quote from: EthanAllen on August 28, 2007, 08:19 AM NHFT
Thus, you resort to scare monger based on conspiracy theories which have a kernel of truth. Just a step up from your Republican cohorts in leadership who resort to scare mongering based on outright lies.

Scare mongering? I'm stlll not sure what 'conspiracy theories' I have promoted. I am not a 'truther', don't have time, although it's interesting to consider and read about.

You mean like what's being attempted to do to the pubic with all the global warming movies to convince people this is a 'global' crisis that we must solve 'globally' (i.e. under the auspices and taxation of the UN)? What makes this hoax any more believable than the terrorism hoax?

On the other hand I think Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez are quite real. There is no scare-mongering there. They are who they are.

I guess if I went by your logic, it would be OK to march say for example, with the KKK, just because they were protesting the IRS or something?

I would love to see all the grumbling here as people tried to explain away their reasoning for that.

PS - Here's a chance to makes some money:
http://ultimateglobalwarmingchallenge.com/

And more debunking of Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio two global warming  'dilettants' Part 1 of 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgruLoObWo

CNHT

Quote from: lawofattraction on August 28, 2007, 10:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 28, 2007, 08:19 AM NHFTThe problem Jane is you have never defined what you mean by libertarianism

It seems to me that defining libertarianism is pretty easy.

If anyone cares about labels... and jingoism such as Hillary uses ("ready for change") I suspect you'd run screaming from the kind of change she and her cohorts would suggest.

Bureaucrash did a pretty cool thing at Live Earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVn-y2HJHrQ

EthanAllen

Quote from: CNHT on August 28, 2007, 10:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: lawofattraction on August 28, 2007, 10:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on August 28, 2007, 08:19 AM NHFTThe problem Jane is you have never defined what you mean by libertarianism

It seems to me that defining libertarianism is pretty easy.

If anyone cares about labels...

The problem is that you don't even seem to care about the words that are used to describe concepts which allow one to engage in dialog about issues.

jaqeboy

Looking for, as usual, a good list of suggestions for "what to do" re the Kennebunkport Warning, that don't make one look really stupid afterwards if nothing happens  :) - Of course, one of the recommendations is to push for impeachment of Cheney - thread here might be helpful on that.

CNHT

Maybe if you are having health problems all these global warming and 911 conspiracy theories are not doing you any good.

CNHT

Quote from: lawofattraction on August 28, 2007, 12:39 PM NHFT
Yes of course I would. I detest Hillary Clinton and her policies/ideas. However, there is nothing wrong with the words "ready for change". They're just words.

Castro likes Hillary, and Obama too apparently.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070828/pl_nm/cuba_castro_usa_dc_1%3b_ylt=Ak_JkTna63iOZEdQb.TLmQME1vAI

CNHT

Which resulted in Cubans in Miami for Ron Paul freaking out and protesting Obama...

They know the horrors of Castro -- they likely had relatives who had to live under him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-5xYXVrSg