• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looking for an apartment in southeastern NH, preferrably Nashua area ASAP!

Started by Porcupine_in_MA, December 24, 2007, 03:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupine_in_MA

My wife and I are First One Thousand pledgers with two cats and have been displaced from our apartment in Fall River, MA by a fire. We have been bouncing from place to place living with friends and co-workers nice enough to put us up. We want to move to NH and view this as a golden chance to make the move. Thing is, we cannot afford the typical first, last and deposit type requirements that most folk ask for. The range we are looking for rent wise is 600 to 750 a month. We could give first months rent or a deposit but not all three. Our cats are our babies and the place would need to accept them. They are sweet cats who get along with most anyone and are not destructive.
We are adult, professionals that work in Boston and Newton, MA. We are quiet, friendly and courteous and pay our rent on time. Our current landlord loves us but the city bureaucrat won't let him let us move back in for no good reason. Big surprise, hunh? It is a very frustrating time for us and anyone who is willing to work with us and let us move into a their nice apartment would be VERY much appreciated!
Please call my cell phone at (508) 472-0111 or my wife's at (508) 493-5879. My work number I will be available to be reached at after January 2nd is (617) 886-2111.
Call either of us, we can work something out. Thanks!!

FTL_Ian

Friday

I live in an apartment complex in Nashua, right on the Mass border, that only charged me a couple hundred dollars as a security deposit.  I also have two cats; they charge extra for pets, but they are allowed.  I'm not sure what the current move-in rate is.  I'll IM you the website, in case you'd like to check it out.  I have been very pleased with the service here; they respond to repair requests immediately, plow the snow promptly, yadda yadda.

Rosie the Riveter

Oh man, fire, yikes!! I guess, though, that it does provide you with the opportunity to move. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

J’raxis 270145

If I recall correctly, in New Hampshire, landlords can't ask for a deposit larger than one month's rent (and last month's rent up front would be considered part of any deposit made). So at most you should just be looking at paying 2× rent up front.