• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

your opinion on Stateline Guns Ammo and Archery store?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 23, 2007, 02:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I have a question:

I am thinking of buying a couple guns from Stateline Guns Ammo & Archery - Plaistow, NH

anyone know anything about this place, how reliable and honest they are, etc.?

the owner's name is gene but I don't remember his last name.

Romak

Hey Dada I found this place to be pretty expensive for what he has. You are better off to find something you want through gunbroker for a better price and have it shipped to a person with an FFL. I have a guy who only charges $10 for transfers when most others charge anywhere from $25 to $50 per transfer. Or better yet find a guy who has a gun shop out of his home which greatly reduces his overhead. He would be more willing to cut you a better deal. He could probably order you a gun directly for a better price. You want some names give send me a message. Or you could just tell me what you are looking for and I'll look around for you. Lots of friends have stuff they are always looking to unload or trade for something else.

grasshopper

Yes, he has comperable prices to Jr's. These guya are the only 2 people I'd buy from.  Are you looking at the RPK copy for $475.00  Buy it, it is cheap for that gun.  Oh ya, DO NOT BUY THE INDIAN AMMO, it is the "cheap" .308 he has sitting around in plastic bags of 10.  IT IS DANGEROUS!
http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30
   Here is a pretty good forum, I am Grasshopper also on this forum.  We have about the best bit of information about most of the firearms you'd ever want to learn about.  Please read up on the ammo here.  Trust me on this
   About State Line?  Ya, good guys.
   What are you looking at if I may be so nosey????  Come on, ya gotta tell me, I'm getting all fidgity!

Lex

Quote from: GraniteForge on August 23, 2007, 04:29 PM NHFT
Whatever you were looking at, you can buy with confidence. 

Quote from: grasshopper on August 24, 2007, 11:31 AM NHFT
Oh ya, DO NOT BUY THE INDIAN AMMO, it is the "cheap" .308 he has sitting around in plastic bags of 10.  IT IS DANGEROUS!

Hmm...  :o

Fragilityh14

There's a strip club which is just barely outside of Spokane and into Idaho where the strippers can do various things they could never ever do in Washington.

yay for freedom.

I'm guessing this is the same sort of thing but with guns and people from MA and ME?

KBCraig

Amen to the caution on surplus ammo, although I did catch Lex's point.  ;)

A good example is POF .303 British surplus (Pakistani Ordnance Factory, aka "Poor Old Fodder"). It's seriously "click.........bang" stuff, because of poor storage. But if you can buy it cheaply enough to justify breaking it down to bullets and brass, then the powder is a bonus: like most nitrates, it makes great fertilizer for your garden.  8)

Dreepa

Quote from: GraniteForge on September 03, 2007, 02:17 PM NHFT
BTW, Stateline had a gun stolen right off the table at the show yesterday. 
That sucks.

I spent a few minutes talking to them on Sat.

J’raxis 270145

Gun shows don't tag their guns with anti-theft devices like the shops do? :o

Puke

I had to remind the guy I bought from Saturday that had yet to pay him!
I guess thats why he had them tied to the table.

error

Now if they'd let people carry in there, this wouldn't be a problem.

Lex

Quote from: Beavis on September 03, 2007, 06:21 PM NHFT

I don't see how that would prevent a slick thief from doing his dirty work.

Puke

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 03, 2007, 07:07 PM NHFT

He could have easily slipped a small pistol into a deep pocket.

error

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 03, 2007, 07:07 PM NHFT

It wouldn't prevent it, per se, but it would make it a lot more risky for such a potential thief, acting as a very strong deterrent.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: GraniteForge on September 03, 2007, 07:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 03, 2007, 05:09 PM NHFT

Gun shows don't tag their guns with anti-theft devices like the shops do? :o

What NH shops have them?

Riley's has some sort of plastic discs chained to each gun. I assumed those were anti-theft devices, no?

Dave Ridley

well the sks he sold me is apparently in better shape than he was claiming so that is a good sign; it was also a decent price at 175....not really worth such a long trip ideally but ya i think they are good to go.  also they stayed open late so they could handle the sale.