• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mayor Guinta wants to meet local free staters sept 3

Started by Dave Ridley, August 24, 2007, 04:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ny2nh

Quote from: David on August 31, 2007, 11:46 PM NHFT
Although it is hard for any politician to impress me while discussing details of their precious budget.

That precious budget has a direct impact on me - as I own property in Manchester. The best way to control taxes is to control spending. When the budget increases, so do my months expenses since it drives up my property taxes.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 30, 2007, 09:10 PM NHFT

i intend to be polite and welcoming to mr. guinta and hope you guys will too ... i appreciate it when politicians reach out to us even if we are not in agreement on everything.

I will not be there ... so I will not have to choose whether to use the tomatoes

Rochelle

...and spending, right? You can't cut one without the other.

Dreepa

Quote from: Rochelle on September 01, 2007, 05:08 PM NHFT
...and spending, right? You can't cut one without the other.
He did mention some spending cuts.

In our tax group... I refuse to use the term tax cut... I prefer lower spending... and therefore taxes SHOULD go down.

David

I know some folks have expressed a disliking for my barbs at politicos, please, understand my intent is usually not hostile.  I hope the discussion went well all in all.   :)

Rosie the Riveter

Inquiring Minds want to know --- how did the meeting go?

Dreepa

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on September 02, 2007, 10:25 PM NHFT

My take:

He said all the 'right things'... seems to be a libertarian GOPer.
A little long winded on some answers but he answered most questions pretty honestly (it seemed).

I had no complaints (other than a tad long).. If I lived in Manch I would vote/campaign for him.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Dreepa on September 02, 2007, 10:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on September 02, 2007, 10:25 PM NHFT

My take:

A little long winded on some answers but he answered most questions pretty honestly (it seemed).

I had no complaints (other than a tad long).. If I lived in Manch I would vote/campaign for him.

Rob got him good with that question about an endorsement of Ron Paul, though. >:D

mvpel

He said that the first topic of discussion with the police chief upon his return from vacation was the Ridley video - and the word has been passed down the line from the top.

dalebert

Why does the city even do garbage pickup? How is it paid for? Is it fee-based or subsidized by general funds or some such?

He talked about making it more efficient. The more I thought about it, the more I was thinking the way to make it efficient is for the city to stop doing it.

Ruger Mason

Quote from: mvpel on September 02, 2007, 11:03 PM NHFT
He said that the first topic of discussion with the police chief upon his return from vacation was the Ridley video - and the word has been passed down the line from the top.

What did he say about it?

ny2nh

You got the "real" Frank....which is probably why his answers go long.....he's not just giving you some canned response.

ny2nh

Quote from: dalebert on September 03, 2007, 12:26 AM NHFT
Why does the city even do garbage pickup? How is it paid for? Is it fee-based or subsidized by general funds or some such?

He talked about making it more efficient. The more I thought about it, the more I was thinking the way to make it efficient is for the city to stop doing it.

If Manchester did not have trash pickup - this city would be covered with trash. Heck - people can't even manage to either put their trash out on the right day or in way too many cases, they just pile it up, it's not even in a trash can or in bags! If I were paying a private company to pick up my trash at my house, I can bet that every trash day there would be all sorts of trash that shows up that wasn't mine. Same with if we had a bag & tag program - the people who won't pay will just drop their trash someplace else....and then that person ends up having to deal with it.

We can look at making the department run more efficiently or putting it out for private bid though.

This is why it is so important to elect some good people to the aldermanic board. Right now, the general makeup is spend-happy and all for bigger gov't.

ny2nh

Quote from: Ruger Mason on September 03, 2007, 12:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on September 02, 2007, 11:03 PM NHFT

What did he say about it?

I was hoping Dave would post this as well.....

Russell Kanning

the current situation in manchester ...
jailing kat and I for holding a sign
detaining dada for holding a gun
is unacceptable

I am not impressed by "our guy" guinta ... he is doing what all of them do .. pretend they agree with you