• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gun show in Concord.

Started by grasshopper, August 29, 2007, 11:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

grasshopper

Who's going this weekend to the gun show?  If I go I'll be the Frenchifrench looking guy, shaved bald with a bright yellow shirt on with crappy boots.  I might have my black NRA hat on with my ME. medal or my WAZZUUUUUP hat.  I havn't figured which one to wear yet. :D  I'm pretty sure State Line will be up there with a table.

Dreepa

There will be lots of RP supporters at the door.

I will be there after the MVP meeting.

dalebert

There's a contingent of FSPers going. I would suggest we wear something to identify us as such like our t-shirts and caps. We ought to have as visible of a presence as possible for events like this where we tend to share a common goal with NH residents.

d_goddard

Quote from: dalebert on August 29, 2007, 04:57 PM NHFT
I would suggest we wear something to identify us as such like our t-shirts and caps.
... that all say "RON PAUL"

mackler

Are there background checks or anything or can I just pay cash and not show any ID?

anthonybpugh

There are no background checks to go to a gun show. 

Puke

Huh, as irony would have it I was planning to go gun shopping this weekend.
I've never been to a gun show though.

What sort of payment options can I expect?

Could someone also post some more details about the gun show for those of us not in the know?

anthonybpugh

private sales between individuals do not require you to fill out any forms or do the instant background check.  THis is the gun show loophole the anti-gunners are always crying about.  If you are purchasing a gun through a dealer though you will have to undergo a check.  Most of the people selling a gun at a gun show are dealers but occasionally you will find someone who isn't.  I picked up a nice Bushmaster AR-15 a few years ago from a private individual so I didn't have to fill out anything.   

Puke

Should I bring cash or is there a means to pay by credit card?

error

Quote from: Puke on August 29, 2007, 06:33 PM NHFT
Should I bring cash or is there a means to pay by credit card?

Your typical private individual isn't going to accept credit cards...

porcupine kate

Bill and I are going to the show after the MVP meeting.  We will be with the supporters with the Ron Paul balloons, buttons, and shirts ;D

I haven't been to a show in NH but in VA many of the vender's take credit cards.  This is nice for Ammo since you usually can't get a better deal for cash on ammo.  They are priced at show special prices.  Saturday morning is the best time to get the deals on popular types of ammo.

Cash of course works great with most dealers and individual people who rented a table.

I don't know if you need to bring a second form of ID to purchase a fire arm from a FFL.  You might what to bring one in case a dealer has a great deal.

Since you can't bring guns into the show I don't know how many private sales will take place.  In VA many people stand outside the door or around the entrance to sell personal firearms.

Looking forward to Saturday
Kate

picaro

Anyone have a more specific address than just Concord? 

NHRes2004

Quote from: porcupine kate on August 29, 2007, 06:53 PM NHFT
Since you can't bring guns into the show I don't know how many private sales will take place.  In VA many people stand outside the door or around the entrance to sell personal firearms.

Last year I took my revolver into the show - I was looking for a holster for it. The folks at the front door tie wrapped it to disable it. Some of the vendors looked at it as I was looking at different items and asked if I was looking to sell it. So it sounds like this is a common occurrence.

porcupine kate

He is the location of the show.

http://dipromo.com/nh/concord.php

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Puke

Thanks for the info.
Looks like a road trip all over NH for me.
:)