• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gun show in Concord.

Started by grasshopper, August 29, 2007, 11:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Romak

You can most definitely bring your own firearms to the show to sell. They just have to be checked in and unloaded.

dalebert

I heard someone say I need a NH driver's license to buy from a dealer. Can anyone confirm or deny? I still have my GA license.

Nat F

Quote from: dalebert on August 29, 2007, 08:09 PM NHFT
I heard someone say I need a NH driver's license to buy from a dealer. Can anyone confirm or deny? I still have my GA license.
Every gun I've bought from a NH dealer (6 different dealers) has involved me showing my NH drivers license.  It might be possible to provide some other proof of residency to a NH FFL, but I wouldn't bet on it.  In addition private sales require that the seller and buyer be personally known to one another or for the buyer to hold a pistol/revolver permit.

-Nat

KBCraig

You need a state-issued photo ID. It doesn't have to be a driver's license (after all, not everyone drives).

It is an ATF requirement that an FFL dealer must verify your identity and residence, with a state-issued photo ID that lists your physical address; P.O. boxes are not acceptable to the ATF. In rural America, there are still many people who live on roads with no official name, whose address is something like "Route 1, Box 398". ATF says that is no longer acceptable, and neither is a P.O. box.  :-\

I don't know how long it takes NH to process an ID card, but you can check into it:

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/driverlic/faq.html#A18

How can I obtain a non-driver ID card?
An original birth certificate and one other form of identification; such as, your social security card or passport; along with proof-of-residency is required.

Complete an APPLICATION FOR DRIVER LICENSE (DSMV 450) .

Appear at:

DOS DMV
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
OR
Any substation.
Non-US Citizens must appear at the Concord office

If applying for a non-driver ID because of a suspended or revoked driver license and if your image is on file with the DMV, complete the application and pay the $10.00 fee. Your identity will be verified using our database

Romak

You can buy a rifle or shotgun with an out of state license, but have to be a state resident to buy a handgun.

KBCraig

Quote from: Romak on August 30, 2007, 07:25 AM NHFT
You can buy a rifle or shotgun with an out of state license, but have to be a state resident to buy a handgun.

Yes, sorry, I was thinking handguns. Romak is right, but only if the laws of both states allow the purchase. Some states have retained the old "contiguous states" restriction, even after the feds removed it.

mackler

Quote from: Romak on August 30, 2007, 07:25 AM NHFT

You're talking about purchasing from "dealers" right?  If I buy from a private individual I can just pay cash anonymously and buy whatever I want, right?  Or wrong?

grasshopper

Guys n gals, there will be atf officers there in plain cloths to weed out the gangsters and malcontents, trust me on this.  The rest of the responcible gun owners will stick to state and federal laws to keep us ALL Kosher.  It is the responcibility of each and every one of us gun owners to use our fargen heads in this day and age of PC politics.
  1.  There is NO gun show loop hole.  If you do not sell your gun there that you brought in with you
  a. being a hand gun, which needs a back ground check if you don't know the person for at least 5 years (I go by this myself) or,
  b.  You don't sell your long gun there because of cheese ball gun dealers offering you 10 dollars for a 1000 dollar gun, you should be aware that if you do not ask the person for his or her ID or ask a few responcible questions, the gun WILL be traced back to you if you sell it to a jerkoff and they do something stupid with it. and,
  c.  If you are really bugged to sell your gun outside of the arena in the parking lot or meet somebody some place to sell your firearm, you can be sure it is a Fed.
  Now, that being said.  
  2.  If you want to buy a firearm, other than a black powder revolver/ musket or reproduction of an old firearm, you WILL have to do a federal background check  (  .  ).
  If you are a felon and ask me to sell you a firearm, you will be told to screw off and told the law.  If you are a felon and touch a firearm, you are committing an OTHER felony punishable by 10 years in prison, if you touch a smokless powder cartrige, you committed an OTHER felony, punishable by 5 years in prison.  You may touch a black powder firearm or revolver BUT be fargan carefull and make sure you know what your doing and what the laws are pertaining to your situation.
   Ok, now.  I'll keep going.  If you sell a pistol to a person you do not know, you have committed a crime.  If you sell a long gun to a you don't know, you shouldn't have it in the first place.

error

Quote from: grasshopper on August 30, 2007, 11:32 AM NHFT
   Guys n gals, there will be atf officers there in plain cloths to weed out the gangsters and malcontents, trust me on this.  The rest of the responcible gun owners will stick to state and federal laws to keep us ALL Kosher.  It is the responcibility of each and every one of us gun owners to use our fargen heads in this day and age of PC politics.
   1.  There is NO gun show loop hole.  If you do not sell your gun there that you brought in with you
   a. being a hand gun, which needs a back ground check if you don't know the person for at least 5 years (I go by this myself) or,
   b.  You don't sell your long gun there because of cheese ball gun dealers offering you 10 dollars for a 1000 dollar gun, you should be aware that if you do not ask the person for his or her ID or ask a few responcible questions, the gun WILL be traced back to you if you sell it to a jerkoff and they do something stupid with it. and,
   c.  If you are really bugged to sell your gun outside of the arena in the parking lot or meet somebody some place to sell your firearm, you can be sure it is a Fed.
   Now, that being said. 
   2.  If you want to buy a firearm, other than a black powder revolver/ musket or reproduction of an old firearm, you WILL have to do a federal background check  (  .  ).
   If you are a felon and ask me to sell you a firearm, you will be told to screw off and told the law.  If you are a felon and touch a firearm, you are committing an OTHER felony punishable by 10 years in prison, if you touch a smokless powder cartrige, you committed an OTHER felony, punishable by 5 years in prison.  You may touch a black powder firearm or revolver BUT be fargan carefull and make sure you know what your doing and what the laws are pertaining to your situation.
    Ok, now.  I'll keep going.  If you sell a pistol to a person you do not know, you have committed a crime.  If you sell a long gun to a you don't know, you shouldn't have it in the first place.

It's so sad that the country has come to this, and it's frightening how much worse it will get.

dalebert

Will I need a NH DL before I can get a NH CCP? I'm working on getting my birth certificate from home but it may take a while. To me, the CCP is more important.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Nat F on August 29, 2007, 08:24 PM NHFT
Every gun I've bought from a NH dealer (6 different dealers) has involved me showing my NH drivers license.  It might be possible to provide some other proof of residency to a NH FFL, but I wouldn't bet on it.  In addition private sales require that the seller and buyer be personally known to one another or for the buyer to hold a pistol/revolver permit.

-Nat

You mean New Hampshire's CCW licenses as issued under RSA 159:6?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: KBCraig on August 29, 2007, 08:45 PM NHFT

You need a state-issued photo ID. It doesn't have to be a driver's license (after all, not everyone drives).

It is an ATF requirement that an FFL dealer must verify your identity and residence, with a state-issued photo ID that lists your physical address; P.O. boxes are not acceptable to the ATF. In rural America, there are still many people who live on roads with no official name, whose address is something like "Route 1, Box 398". ATF says that is no longer acceptable, and neither is a P.O. box.  :-\

In New Hampshire you have to give the RMV your legal address when applying for a drivers license, but you can also give a mailing address, and opt not to have your legal address shown on the license. And UPS Store mailboxes can be written to look like apartment numbers.

error

Sure, but the department of "safety" bureaucrats are extremely annoying when it comes to the "proof" of your "residence." And if you piss them off. they'll ask you to get your electric bill notarized or something else equally pointless.

J’raxis 270145

I had no issue showing them my lease for proof of residence. It's one page, was typed up by my landlord herself, and appears to have gone through a photocopier or fax machine at least twice.

I went to the Manchester RMV, and the line was so long that there was a cop walking around checking that people had things in order before they got up to the counter only to find they were missing something. He mumbled something like, "I'm not sure about this document; we might not be able to use this" when I showed him it, but when I got to the counter the woman there didn't ask anything about it. She made a photocopy of it, so perhaps they called my landlord to verify it somehow.

error

It seems that in California and in many other places, gun shows are a pale shadow of what they used to be. You can blame your nearest Demoncrat for this.