• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How about an FSP Zippo lighter?

Started by Puke, August 30, 2007, 07:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

This thought just popped in my head.
How cool would it be to have a Zippo lighter with the FSP logo on it for sale in the store?

Here is one website that I found that can do custom logos.

http://www.absorbentprinting.com/promotional-products/lighters/zippo-lighters-with-screen-printing/?source=googlelighters&gclid=CKOHyNa_no4CFSgQFQod1EPtZQ

ThePug

That'd be great for a certain type of civil disobedience.  ;)

burnthebeautiful

Zippo lighters are too expensive. I've seen them on sale for around 100 bucks. Ridiculous.

Pat K

100 bucks ! On sale!

I don't know were you shop.

But I am not going there.  ;D

leavinglakeerie

Id buy one! just not in that brass finish tho . . .

Bald Eagle

In general, I don't use Zippos because they're too expensive and lighters get lost all the time.  Plus I don't care for the strong odor of the fuel.

Disposable or cheap refillable butane lighters would be a great way to advertise the FSP, the liberty movement, or spread the word about our work to end things like the smoking ban or incarcerating terminally ill medical marijuana patients.

You could do a Badnarik style "lighting the fires of Liberty..." thing...

Nicholas Gilman

Special editions of Zippo lighters can easily go for $100 US, but
average models can be purchased for $10 - $20 US for a plain
finish.  Zippo lighters are a legitimate survival tool,
provided you refill them weekly.  The price with the logo
would depend if it was painted or a raised seal, and the quantity
of the order.

penguins4me

$100? ... Don't shop there anymore. :P My first Zippo was confiscated by the TIs in basic training - never got it back. It cost me about $15 for a plain silver finish. After I  became a free man again, I wanted fire back in my pocket - picked up a similar (but slightly chinsier, I feel) Zippo with a glossy silver finish for $20 or so. My keys are doing a heck of a job on the finish, tho.

Two Zippos over the course of ten years, and technically, I didn't lose the first one since it was taken.

Now, as for the small $10 swiss army pocketknives, those I lose all the time.

As for the FSP logo-ed Zippos, well, painted ones don't last if you like to keep other metal bits in your pockets. A stamped or etched logo, OTOH, is worth considering...

money dollars

penguins4me

Only problem I have with butane torches is that butane is quite a bit harder to find and use if you don't have a big factory making the nice little cans full of it.

Zippos, on the other hand, can use pretty much any combustible fluid which will climb a wick.

-edit
In quantities of 50, the brushed chrome Zippo with front engraving is $15.27 each. That's pretty dang reasonable!

money dollars

My problem is the electronic ignition system that always dies. But they burn clean and hot.

Puke

Quote from: leavinglakeerie on August 30, 2007, 09:10 PM NHFT
Id buy one! just not in that gold color tho . . .

That's called Brass.
It's just a mock-up I slapped together for a visual example.

I like Zippos, something about the solid feel and classic style. I was using my US Army logo Zippo that I bought years ago when the idea of an FSP Zippo popped in my head.

I would agree that the fuel evaporating over tiem is annoying. But for that problem and those that like butane, try this,

http://www.magic25filter.com/z_plus_zippo_lighter_case_replacement_torch_flame.html

Dreepa

Puke if you can get a quote... I would work with you on this.

I like the idea.

Lloyd Danforth

I have a few Zippos.  As teens we all carried them.  We all would hold them top to bottom and flip the top open.  Sometimes you would over load them and get a lighter fluid burn on your leg.

penguins4me

Quote from: Dreepa on August 31, 2007, 07:15 PM NHFT
Puke if you can get a quote... I would work with you on this.

I like the idea.

For fifty of a given style with one etching/engraving, it's around $800 with shipping, depending on details.