• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How about an FSP Zippo lighter?

Started by Puke, August 30, 2007, 07:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Quote from: penguins4me on September 01, 2007, 12:48 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 31, 2007, 07:15 PM NHFT
Puke if you can get a quote... I would work with you on this.

I like the idea.

For fifty of a given style with one etching/engraving, it's around $800 with shipping, depending on details.

The best looking site I found is that Absorbent Printing place linked in my first post.
Depending on what finish lighter and what process you use (engraving or screen printing) makes the price go up or down a bit.
I think the logo from the "Don't Tread On Me" flag would look great on a yellow Zippo. Something that stands out in a persons hand.
They don't have solid yellow though. So maybe black.

Anyone else have ideas?

penguins4me

Do remember that painted Zippos usually can't keep their finish if they're in a pocket with anything else metal.  A scuffed Zippo is neat-o, a polka-dot paint-chipped Zippo, not so much. >:|

Dreepa

Quote from: penguins4me on September 01, 2007, 12:48 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 31, 2007, 07:15 PM NHFT
Puke if you can get a quote... I would work with you on this.

I like the idea.

For fifty of a given style with one etching/engraving, it's around $800 with shipping, depending on details.
That is about $16 per.

Hmmm.

Puke

Quote from: penguins4me on September 01, 2007, 07:20 AM NHFT
Do remember that painted Zippos usually can't keep their finish if they're in a pocket with anything else metal.  A scuffed Zippo is neat-o, a polka-dot paint-chipped Zippo, not so much. >:|

You have a good point. The one I use regularly is solid brass, so I haven't noticed how easy it is to scuff the painted one.

I think that the brushed chrome with a color logo would be the best. I've had two people in as many days say that my brass lighter was gold. Even though it isn't that close to being the same color ( IMO ) it would seem that silver colors are more appealing.

I feel that an engraved lighter just wouldn't stand out enough.

NHRes2004

Zippo is currently selling a 75th anniversary 18K gold signet lighter for $4,000.

Puke

Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 02, 2007, 09:14 AM NHFT
Zippo is currently selling a 75th anniversary 18K gold signet lighter for $4,000.

Hot shit!  :Bolt:

penguins4me

Quote from: Puke on September 02, 2007, 07:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: penguins4me on September 01, 2007, 07:20 AM NHFT
I feel that an engraved lighter just wouldn't stand out enough.

I'm not sure exactly how they manage it, but the samples on their site do have colored engraved logos. Depending on how they accomplish that, it might still be a good deal more durable than simple paint.

Puke

The lighters with engraving and color cost a couple more dollars per unit.

I see these Zippo lighters as more of a collectors item. Kind of like the FSP Buck knife.

Dreepa

Puke... you will get my email tomorrow... but I likee.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Bald Eagle on August 30, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
In general, I don't use Zippos because they're too expensive and lighters get lost all the time.  Plus I don't care for the strong odor of the fuel.

Now there's a pleasant memory from my childhood.  I like that smell.  That and WD40.

NHRes2004

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 06, 2007, 02:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Bald Eagle on August 30, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
In general, I don't use Zippos because they're too expensive and lighters get lost all the time.  Plus I don't care for the strong odor of the fuel.

Now there's a pleasant memory from my childhood.  I like that smell.  That and WD40.

Sorry, Kat. They've reformulated it.

QuoteZippo is proud to introduce our new formula fuel with improved performance; we call it "Cool Fuel." It burns cleaner and lights faster, but the most noticeable aspect is the reduced odor. This is a great benefit to hunters who want to keep man-made scents to a minimum. Also, some cigar smokers felt that the old Zippo fuel imparted an aftertaste that detracted from the flavor of the cigar. The new fuel is hardly detectible!

Cool Fuel is more highly refined than the previous fuel and is distilled from cosmetic grade petroleum. The result is that it is less irritating to the skin. Cool!

NHRes2004

sandm000

I just bought some Zippos from Ebay, and I'm gonna get one engraved with this image (does anyone know where an engraver is? Mall Jewellery stand I assume)  Then you can see how it looks.   I also was thinking about this about a week ago, and thought that to do it on a large scale would be cost prohibitive.  And financing a run of 100 just because you want 1 isn't a brilliant idea.
I speak from experience here http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=5714.0
I sold 3, gave 5 away, and used 1 for myself.  Since I really, really wanted 1 and the cost was like $2 each, I don't feel really bad about it, but $1600 sounds like you'll have a lot of lighters sitting around.

Dreepa

Quote from: sandm000 on September 06, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
I just bought some Zippos from Ebay, and I'm gonna get one engraved with this image (does anyone know where an engraver is? Mall Jewellery stand I assume)  Then you can see how it looks.   I also was thinking about this about a week ago, and thought that to do it on a large scale would be cost prohibitive.  And financing a run of 100 just because you want 1 isn't a brilliant idea.
I speak from experience here http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=5714.0
I sold 3, gave 5 away, and used 1 for myself.  Since I really, really wanted 1 and the cost was like $2 each, I don't feel really bad about it, but $1600 sounds like you'll have a lot of lighters sitting around.
Not if we take preorders. >:D

Pat K

Quote from: Dreepa on September 06, 2007, 04:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: sandm000 on September 06, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
Not if we take preorders. >:D

Mark me down for 2 please.  ;D