• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Who wants land?

Started by KBCraig, September 03, 2007, 02:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Wow.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Right+next+to+White+Mountain+National+Forest%2c+6%2c299+acres+of+pristine+timberland+are+for+sale&articleId=8b26785a-da34-44ee-9469-5ecce5bb9073

Right next to White Mountain National Forest, 6,299 acres of pristine timberland are for sale

By PAULA TRACY
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff

APPROXIMATELY 6,299 acres of timberland in Campton and Sandwich is for sale. The tract borders the 780,000-acre White Mountain National Forest.

Yankee Forest LLC has listed the large tract with LandVest for $9,750,000.

(more at link above)

So... if the lottery ghods are willing...  ;D

error

Just what I've been looking for!

But there are two problems with it:

First, the price tag. I need more money!

And second, bordering the national forest means sooner or later the government is going to try some eminent domain action on whoever buys it.

penguins4me

Quote from: Beavis on September 03, 2007, 05:08 AM NHFT
And second, bordering the national forest means sooner or later the government is going to try some eminent domain action on whoever buys it.

Howso? The logical thing for the gov't to do is use their own land to accomplish what they have in mind, I'd expect... which is probably the flaw in my thinking...

Seems all the decent deals on good land is for huge tracts at huge prices (the price per acre sometimes works out to be quite nice, tho).

kola

When trying to purchase large tracts of land, one can try networking and getting a group of buyers together. This is what those high shooting development guys do. There is no reason why us common folks can't do the same.

The utimate dream is to get a large group of common folk with the same ideas (freedom and self sufficiency) to purchase a large chunk of land and create a harmonious community.

Kola

KBCraig

The USFS isn't big on eminent domain. They tend to have commercial timber operations lined up wanting to do "land swaps" with them, where the timber operator gets a big stand of timber, and USFS gets an even bigger piece of land that has already been cut over and replanted.

They are in the Department of Agriculture, and they treat trees as crops (which they are).

Lloyd Danforth

http://www.fear.org/scott.html

Early on the morning of Oct. 2, 1992, 31 officers from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Border Patrol, National Guard and Park Service came roaring down the narrow dirt road to Scott's rustic 200-acre ranch. They planned to arrest Scott, the wealthy, eccentric, hard-drinking heir to a Europe-based chemicals fortune, for allegedly running a 4,000-plant marijuana plantation. When deputies broke down the door to Scott's house, Scott's wife would later tell reporters, she screamed, "Don't shoot me. Don't kill me." That brought Scott staggering out of the bedroom, hung-over and bleary-eyed -- he'd just had a cataract operation -- holding a .38 caliber Colt snub-nosed revolver over his head. When he pointed it in the direction of the deputies, they killed him.

KBCraig

Forest Service (Department of Agriculture) and Park Service (Department of the Interior) are two completely different beasts. Park Service is about shrines and monuments (even "monuments" that are millions of acres) that must be protected from the rabble.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 03, 2007, 12:40 PM NHFT

Early on the morning of Oct. 2, 1992, 31 officers from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Border Patrol, National Guard and Park Service came roaring down the narrow dirt road to Scott's rustic 200-acre ranch. They planned to arrest Scott, the wealthy, eccentric, hard-drinking heir to a Europe-based chemicals fortune, for allegedly running a 4,000-plant marijuana plantation. When deputies broke down the door to Scott's house, Scott's wife would later tell reporters, she screamed, "Don't shoot me. Don't kill me." That brought Scott staggering out of the bedroom, hung-over and bleary-eyed -- he'd just had a cataract operation -- holding a .38 caliber Colt snub-nosed revolver over his head. When he pointed it in the direction of the deputies, they killed him.

They came to steal his land pure and simple and in the end they drove his widow off the property. Fuckin' pirates. Just remember the republicans started the war. Until they end it I have a hard time to begin to forgive.

kola

QuoteIf you split it 20 ways, it'd cost about $500,000 for 315 acres.  Not too bad of a price...but you'd then have to put a house on it.

tipis anyone? :)

Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 03, 2007, 12:40 PM NHFT

This is why if you're going to have a 200-acre ranch, you build it like a fortress like our friend up in Plainfield has.

kola

fenceing, suveilance cameras and dogs help too.

Kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on September 03, 2007, 05:17 PM NHFT
fenceing, suveilance cameras and dogs help too.

Kola

Yep. They were obviously counting on surprising the hell out of Scott, so he'd come out armed and they could excusably shoot him. Making sure they don't have that element of surprise available to them would have avoided him getting shot—and if Scott really wasn't growing pot on his land, it probably would've preventing them from taking his land under any excuse.

David

Quote from: kola on September 03, 2007, 03:43 PM NHFT
QuoteIf you split it 20 ways, it'd cost about $500,000 for 315 acres.  Not too bad of a price...but you'd then have to put a house on it.

tipis anyone? :)

Kola
Saw your home on another thread.  you have a nice place. 

kola

6,299 acres bought for $9,750,000= $1,547.86 per acre.

brothers and sisters, that is a great deal for premium land.

A nice little town of 5-6000 free staters. Sounds sweet.

Kola

ps thanks david!

John C

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 03, 2007, 04:57 PM NHFT

This is why if you're going to have a 200-acre ranch, you build it like a fortress like our friend up in Plainfield has.

Yea! And know who your friends really are.