• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Who wants land?

Started by KBCraig, September 03, 2007, 02:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

firecracker joe

Quote from: FreelanceFreedomFighter on May 01, 2008, 06:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: jose on April 28, 2008, 05:55 PM NHFT
be careful what you wish for you just might get it.
I bought 24 acres in canterbury 10 years ago on a class 6 road figuring i could do the road work myself which is a half mile to my land , bought a backhoe spent all my time and $$ on materials, culverts, etc... then it was a constant fight with the beavers now it is a constant fight with the des who will not be happy until i go broke on engineers and wetland scientists. I love my land but between taxes and state bullshit i'm starting to wonder if it is/ was worth it. I had it subdivided into 3 lots but town will not approve until i upgrade road to class 5 which is what i will work towards this summer . road work and road materials are expensive. so make sure you look at all angles before spending your money nothing is free not even dirt. the good part is psnh had to run power cheap which meant they did alot of road clearing that i did not have to do. but in the long run it wasnt that much. If anyone is interested in upgrading a half mile of road and deal with des i would give 5+ acres when road is class 5. i already paid $18,000 for subdivision plan. Jose

Hi Jose,

I have another piece of property that I subdivided into four parcels. I currently live on one parcel. I've spent over $36k on "town mandated" engineering/surveys. When I started the process it was when it was a "seller's market"... I just finished going through the town's hoops for the final approvals this past fall... 3+ years and besides the $36k on the engineering/surveys, I had to pay the town over $5k in "fees", etc. At one of the board meetings, when I voiced my frustration at their dragging the process out and costing me so much $$$, one of the board members had the nerve to look at me and say, (exact quote - my attorney witnessed this in disbelief) "We have to see how much we can get out of you." That same board had one of their former members bring in a complicated much larger subdivision plan, without any engineering or surveys, and not only did the board wave the fees for this person, but they also approved the subdivision in ONE meeting! (I went to many, many meetings which always seemed to be useless because they wanted "more information".) Now, obviously, the market is in the tank and the town board members could care less that they've cost me a LOT of money in actual expenses along with lost value on the parcels because of the change in market conditions. They have NO culpability in their own eyes. I think they should be held personally responsible for their actions...

So... I understand what I'd be getting into. I was only thinking about it because of forming a community of "like-minded" freedom-loving folks seemed like a win-win to me (if I could work it out so all parties would be happy). This is just another reason why I despise government and it's minions!

seems like small towns just like to see how much they can get  out of the out of towners. but likew you my idea was to get like minded people to move here buy from me and  work on the town. good luck. jose 
ps. video taping town meetings sounds like a great idea and i start back up i think i will do that  thanx loyd .

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: jose on May 01, 2008, 10:10 AM NHFT
seems like small towns just like to see how much they can get  out of the out of towners.

Very true, but in that case, I wasn't even an "out of towner"... I'd lived there for nearly two decades and been active in the community! Seems there were two classes of people that lived there... the "natives" and "foreigners"... The latter being anyone who'd moved to the town less than three generations ago!

We need to eliminate all of these bogus power grab government positions of privilege!

firecracker joe

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on May 01, 2008, 09:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 03, 2007, 02:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 03, 2007, 12:40 PM NHFT
http://www.fear.org/scott.html

Early on the morning of Oct. 2, 1992, 31 officers from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Border Patrol, National Guard and Park Service came roaring down the narrow dirt road to Scott's rustic 200-acre ranch. They planned to arrest Scott, the wealthy, eccentric, hard-drinking heir to a Europe-based chemicals fortune, for allegedly running a 4,000-plant marijuana plantation. When deputies broke down the door to Scott's house, Scott's wife would later tell reporters, she screamed, "Don't shoot me. Don't kill me." That brought Scott staggering out of the bedroom, hung-over and bleary-eyed -- he'd just had a cataract operation -- holding a .38 caliber Colt snub-nosed revolver over his head. When he pointed it in the direction of the deputies, they killed him.

They came to steal his land pure and simple and in the end they drove his widow off the property. Fuckin' pirates. Just remember the republicans started the war. Until they end it I have a hard time to begin to forgive.

Tom, you can't blame all Republicans for what a relatively small number of them did, and you can't blame just the Republicans because the Democrats were in on it too.

I sat and watched Bush Sr. put on his meanest scowl, looking right out my TV screen and say "We must end this culture". I don't remember any republican politicians saying that he didn't represent their position. They lost my support and will have to earn it back.

J’raxis 270145

That sounds like guilt by association. You're expecting every member of a group to come out and say "I disagree with ____" when another member of that group speaks, lest they be considered to be lending tacit support to such a statement? I wouldn't be surprised if there are hundreds of Republican politicians who aren't even aware of what Bush I said. I certainly wasn't.

By the way, the Republican Party recommendation to the state reps on the recent marijuana bill in the New Hampshire House was to "vote your conscience."

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 07, 2008, 10:53 AM NHFT
That sounds like guilt by association. You're expecting every member of a group to come out and say "I disagree with ____" when another member of that group speaks, lest they be considered to be lending tacit support to such a statement? I wouldn't be surprised if there are hundreds of Republican politicians who aren't even aware of what Bush I said. I certainly wasn't.

I don't think Tom expected EVERY Republican gang member to have spoken up, or he would have said "every" and not "any".  As I remember it, not ONE Republican (or Democratic) politician had the balls to say WTF, we can't go along with this.  And remember, Bush I was not just "another member of that group."  He was the president of the country and the top Republican.  So when the politicians didn't speak out against statements such as these, they WERE giving "tacit support to such a statement."  William Buckley was one of the first to speak out against the drug war, but then he wasn't looking at a re-election campaign.