• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Water Purification civil dis?

Started by Dave Ridley, September 04, 2007, 12:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

This summer the DEA instituted new regulations which make it more difficult to sell....water purification kits!  I ran into this while I was simply looking for the best kit.  I settled overwhelmingly on the Polar Pure and then learned it is now regulated!  You have to show ID to buy one!   the company making it may go out of biz! 

So it ocurred to me maybe one could set up a kiosk outside the Concord DEA and sell it without requiring ID.  I mean this is the Fundamental Human Right to treat and drink your own water, this is what they are messing with!

maybe it could be tied in with ron paul somehow, tho my guess is it would be better to do after the election so as to give the RP base an immediate new thing to focus on.

thoughts?

error

I'll buy one. I won't even bring an ID.

NHRes2004

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2007/fr0702.htm

My head hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penguins4me

I just think they don't want us messing with them messing with our precious bodily fluids...

J’raxis 270145

Iodine is covered by the Controlled Substances Act now? WTF?

David

I agree that water purification is a human rights issue, the most important one. 
I generally do not encourage tie ins with other issues because it dilutes the message.  With all the competition for an audiance out there, the message needs to be focused to be effective. 

KBCraig

Quote from: David on September 04, 2007, 10:03 PM NHFT
I agree that water purification is a human rights issue, the most important one. 
I generally do not encourage tie ins with other issues because it dilutes the message.

Waters it down, eh?  ;D

(...sorry, I couldn't resist!)

penguins4me

Quote from: Malum Prohibitum on September 05, 2007, 12:57 AM NHFT
insanity.  Im curious how the DEA can justify this intervention, it isnt like steam distillation of water could be regulated, for example...  Just abouot anyone with basic material and know how can build a water distiller...

Shh, don't give them ideas.

I'd glanced through their new "rules" and they claim iodine to be helpful in the manufacture of some of their verboten drugs, not that it's bad because people might use it to kill off the mind control parasites the feds have been placing in the water for decades now...

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Malum Prohibitum on September 05, 2007, 12:57 AM NHFT
insanity.  Im curious how the DEA can justify this intervention, it isnt like steam distillation of water could be regulated, for example...  Just abouot anyone with basic material and know how can build a water distiller...

Yeah, nothing makes the government ignore you like owning a still ;D

lildog

Has anyone been watching the new Flash Gordon show on Sci Fi?  That's how Ming controls his people, by controlling the water.

Dreepa

WTF?

So what about the ones that campers and hikers use?  REI and EMS gonna check my id.

I know someone who has a company that sells these.  Let me give them a call.

Unreal.

Dave Ridley

well what kind of timing do you think would be best for something like this, and do you think it is the best civil dis option we have?

also i have the number of the gal in Washington who is apparently in charge of the new regulations, she's a medical doctor i believe.
i could give her a ring and find out if the above idea would really violate the law.  maybe they don't regulate personal iodine transfers. 

i certainly respect her putting her name and number on this, tho i disagree with the regulation.  so often this is done faceless.

ideally i was hoping for some sort of state-level civil dis but i guess we have to go where the tyranny is.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: RattyDog on September 07, 2007, 05:50 PM NHFT
Mind control parasites in the water? :shudders: Wouldn;t put it past them, I mean, if they had the technology....let's be honest. ;)

Did you see on msn that scientists are able "drug test" entire cities?? They can use tiny samples from the city sewage plant and tell what drugs are being used most in the city being tested, they can even see trends, such as use of cocaine and "e" going up on weekends and holidays, while use of such "drugs" as MJ being used at pretty much the same rates throughout the week. It was pretty interesting....I jsut can't wait until they learn how to test the water coming from ONE house and can use that as probable cause to bust in your crib and lock yer ass up....not that they need probable cause to bust in your house anymore...

Dada....I will do civ dis for water purification with you, I think this is bullshit, do you think we'll get arrested? Where is our local friendly DEA office anyway? Hazen?

Nothing for them to learn about how to test individual house's water; just put the testing equipment up the sewer line that leads directly to your house. I think that was actually mentioned over in that thread, or the article. I bet it would be legal, too, since the sewer system is owned by the city and/or the sewage company, not you. It's just that such granular monitoring isn't feasible... yet, at least.

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 07, 2007, 07:37 PM NHFT
ideally i was hoping for some sort of state-level civil dis but i guess we have to go where the tyranny is.

I love the idea of anything that says, essentially, "we here in NH exercise our sovereign right not to cooperate with Federal diktat" (see NH Constitution Article 7)

We opted out of Real-ID in 2007.
I predict in 2008 we will opt out of at least another Fed mandate, maybe two or more. Depends on how it all plays out (and how many liberty-lovers we can get to storm the State House like we did on 3/15/07)

P.S. I love the quote: "guess we have to go where the tyranny is."

picaro

I generally do not encourage tie ins with other issues because it dilutes the message.

Water purification is a fundamental issue.   If you doubt the water quality, what else might you doubt?

In Milwaukee, it was a nifty debate point with statists.   The cryptosporidium outbreaks were enough to shake people's confidence in public utilities.   Drinking unfiltered municipal water was considered reckless  ("cryptosporidium once, shame on you. cryptosporidium twice, shame on me.")