• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Water Purification civil dis?

Started by Dave Ridley, September 04, 2007, 12:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: d_goddard on September 08, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 07, 2007, 07:37 PM NHFT
ideally i was hoping for some sort of state-level civil dis but i guess we have to go where the tyranny is.

I love the idea of anything that says, essentially, "we here in NH exercise our sovereign right not to cooperate with Federal diktat" (see NH Constitution Article 7)

We opted out of Real-ID in 2007.
I predict in 2008 we will opt out of at least another Fed mandate, maybe two or more. Depends on how it all plays out (and how many liberty-lovers we can get to storm the State House like we did on 3/15/07)

P.S. I love the quote: "guess we have to go where the tyranny is."

Are you maintaining a list of federal mandates to try to opt New Hampshire out of? If so, add Pub.L. 109-248, otherwise known as the "Adam Walsh Act," which strips states of some federal law enforcement funding if they don't make the sex-crime laws worse than they already are. The specific section of the law that reduces funding appears to be §125. This law was already used by our reps to justify shooting some of the legislation LaurieP was working on.

When's the next date at the State House?

d_goddard

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 09, 2007, 11:56 AM NHFT
add Pub.L. 109-248
Ain't up to me; it's up to elected Reps.

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 09, 2007, 11:56 AM NHFT
When's the next date at the State House?
I post the goings-on on the NHFree Calendar.
There are typically 2-3 Hugely Important dates; I post those all over (here, Porc yahoo groups, NHLA membership list, etc).

Roman_Surf_Goddess

So where can we get them?

Is this water filtration systems? Like reverse osmosis? Or am i thinking of
something else?

what do you all think of this water purifier?

http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/prod.cfm/ct/7/pid/1150

Also, do you think its wise to maybe have salt-water purification systems?
I imagine its not something you can just go out and buy, but it could be
something important? Sorry if I sound like an idiot. I'm new to this.

penguins4me

Quote from: Roman_Surf_Goddess on September 10, 2007, 06:00 PM NHFT
So where can we get them?

Wal-Mart has somewhat similar products, or at least did three months ago. Keep in mind that those new regs specifically have it in for iodine, so this is not some sort of rule against water purification per se.

Is this water filtration systems? Like reverse osmosis? Or am i thinking of
something else?

Iodine is used to kill organisms in water which otherwise might make you sick. Used often by campers and people using water from lakes, streams, or other sources which haven't been chemically treated.

what do you all think of this water purifier?

I think that's about three times more expensive than it needs to be. What's so special about coconut charcoal? If you're interested in reverse osmosis, which results in pretty good water, I'd suggest something more along the lines of some Shaklee products (I know a couple who has been using one of those, or an earlier model, for years with no complaints) - or if you're like myself, and don't want any of that fluorine messing with your precious bodily fluids, buy yourself a water distiller, which will make the purest water available. They run for as low as around $500 for the small commercial ones, which are only really useful for around two people, up to several thousand for the high-volume automated commercial models.

As for salt-water systems, dunno. Do you live near an ocean?