• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Voter Registration - hilarious!

Started by Kat Kanning, August 26, 2007, 11:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I got a letter from the city of Keene saying that it came to their attention that I might not be living in Keene anymore and that they were going to take my name off the voter rolls. This just after we started talking about selling our votes :)  When we asked them to take our names off the voter rolls a couple years ago, they wouldn't do it.

Dreepa

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 26, 2007, 11:13 AM NHFT
I got a letter from the city of Keene saying that it came to their attention that I might not be living in Keene anymore and that they were going to take my name off the voter rolls. This just after we started talking about selling our votes :)  When we asked them to take our names off the voter rolls a couple years ago, they wouldn't do it.

I guess you have figured out a new method to get your name taken off.   ;D

Spencer

How did it "come to [their] attention"?  Is there an informant here?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Spencer on August 26, 2007, 09:18 PM NHFT

Government types read these sites, to see what we're up to.

Spencer

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on August 26, 2007, 09:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Spencer on August 26, 2007, 09:18 PM NHFT

Government types read these sites, to see what we're up to.

In other words, if you live in Keene (or used to) and want to have your name taken off of the voter rolls, just post that you're moving.

penguins4me

... or interested in selling your vote.

Kat Kanning

I think it was the selling the vote thing.  They said there was absolutely no way to be taken off the list unless we moved and registered somewhere else, or 10 years had gone by without us having voted.  ::)

Russell Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 27, 2007, 05:15 AM NHFT
I think it was the selling the vote thing.  They said there was absolutely no way to be taken off the list unless we moved and registered somewhere else, or 10 years had gone by without us having voted.  ::)

You really should confront them about this letter and get it on film. If you have any documentation about the prior statements, that would be great too for an article, even if it's just policy in the books somewhere. This is amazing B.S.

mvpel

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 27, 2007, 05:15 AM NHFT

There's actually no legal provision for the supervisors to strike the name of a legally qualified voter from the checklist, except under the circumstances they cited.  If they do, they can be convicted of a violation under 654:43, V.

Kat Kanning

I still own a house in Keene and technically still live there.

mvpel

For voting purposes the technical issue is your "domicile."

I think if they get a mail forwarding information back, or someone alerts them to a move, then they're required to send out the notice and give you 30 days to respond as to why you should be kept on the checklist before removing you.

I used this process to submit the names of 1,800+ voters in Merrimack who'd sold their homes anywhere from 3 months to 15 years ago.

Kat Kanning

But they don't normally do that.  I'm sure they were right when they said they wouldn't take me off until I registered somewhere else.