• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

JP open carry incident in Peterborough

Started by NHRes2004, September 04, 2007, 07:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

NHRes2004

JP left this message on Porc411:

This is JP calling from Peterborough right now. I was holding a sign for Ron Paul at the intersection of Route 101 and ... I believe the name of the street is Grove St. just across from the intersection of 202 near downtown Peterborough.

I have been open carrying for some time now and as a result of my open carry apparently two police officers came responding to, according to them, over a dozen phone calls. They asked for identification and my concealed carry license. They told me I couldn't open carry without it so I assured them that that was not the case and everything ended in about five minutes.

I continued to hold the sign for a few more minutes and proceeded to head back home - I'm actually heading home now. Just wanted to check in and let people know that Peterborough police are a little ... unknowing... about the law and to use caution if you're open carrying in Peterborough. In fact I encourage you to open carry in Peterborough as a result of it.

Thanks. Bye.

Tom Sawyer

David

I have seen JP carry frequently, (including once at a Paul sign wave inside a McCain rally  ;D ;D )  Hopefully everything is alright. 

mvpel

You can request the 911 call audio from Concord.  If they have a "dozen calls," they'll have to cough them up to you.

shyfrog

More Bill Richardson bumperstickers per capita here in Peterborough than anywhere else in NH. Oh, and John Kerry bumperstickers too. Oh yeah...Obama too. And Hillary.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: shyfrog on September 04, 2007, 10:29 PM NHFT
More Bill Richardson bumperstickers per capita here in Peterborough than anywhere else in NH. Oh, and John Kerry bumperstickers too. Oh yeah...Obama too. And Hillary.

Well, Richardson is a lot better than the others you mentioned.  I am glad JP is ok.

error

Quote from: mvpel on September 04, 2007, 10:19 PM NHFT
You can request the 911 call audio from Concord.  If they have a "dozen calls," they'll have to cough them up to you.

Who handles 911 calls and how do you make such a request?

YeahItsMeJP

And to add topping to the already rich dessert, one of the same cops stopped me while walking to my car later on and told me that "those who open carry in Peterborough need to check in with us that they are open carrying in case we get calls like this." <sneezes*bullshit*> I assured him they'd hear from my attorney... E. F. Nappen of course.

YeahItsMeJP

d_goddard

I razz you a lot JP but you earned some karma and respect for handling this situation well.
I would be very interested in any digging people can do for those 911 calls.
If there are none, I believe suit could be brought against the police who were harassing you.

mvpel

I'll see if I can track down the letter I sent to request the 911 audio for my Manchester situation - the statewide 911 system is handled by the Department of Safety up in Concord, so if you don't hear from me in the meantime, you may try calling them and inquiring about the procedure.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: sjhipple on September 05, 2007, 12:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on September 04, 2007, 10:19 PM NHFT

Filing FOIA's is not hard to do.

This would probably be done under the state's "right-to-know" law (RSA 91-A) and not the federal FOIA.

Dave Ridley

thanks for open carryin both the sign and the gun mr. P!