• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Pumpkin Festival

Started by d_goddard, September 05, 2007, 10:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Oct 20
Keene Pumpkin Festival
http://www.pumpkinfestival.com/

A common, free, and effective marketing tactic is to carve a message on a group of pumpkins and put them up on the public display shelves. How about using 10 pumpkins to make:
N H F R E E . C O M

lildog

The pumpkin people are a trip.  My wife and I went out there for the first time two years ago to check it out.  Well worth the trip.

Just about every business along the main roads have displays.

If anyone has connections... that would be the perfect location.  People drive by for the entire month checking them out from all over the north east.

Dreepa

I'll be there.
And I have 5 out of town guests also coming.

Puke

What a waste of fruit.  :-[
But it sounds like an interesting shindig. I'll have to wander around with my camera.

Lloyd Danforth

If you don't have kids the best time to get there is late in the evening.

d_goddard

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 13, 2007, 06:41 AM NHFT
If you do have kids its great to spend the day there

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on October 13, 2007, 12:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 13, 2007, 06:41 AM NHFT
If you do have kids its great to spend the day there
and the evening.

Hey they can sleep on the car ride home.

dalebert

Quote from: Soundwave on October 13, 2007, 01:00 PM NHFT
If you have never been to Pumpkin Fest, you should go, because it is neat. There are so many people in this tiny city, it's madness. I don't recommend driving that day, because getting in and out of Keene can take hours.

Anyone in the area have crash space if I arrive the day before? What would be cool is to go to the Karaoke thing at the bar Friday night and then do the pumpkin fest the next day. Would be good if I could crash Saturday too before driving home.

Puke

Since I pretty much live on Main St I won't have to go far to witness the madness.

Dreepa

It is crazy.. but a good kinda crazy.

1st year it was pouring rain... had fun.
Last year it was cold real cold... had fun.

I am hoping for perfect fall weather this year.

d_goddard

Quote from: Soundwave on October 13, 2007, 01:00 PM NHFT
I am going to be on the radio in the morning
Eh...?
What "other" radio show are you on?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on October 13, 2007, 02:54 PM NHFT
Anyone in the area have crash space if I arrive the day before? What would be cool is to go to the Karaoke thing at the bar Friday night and then do the pumpkin fest the next day. Would be good if I could crash Saturday too before driving home.

All the more reason to live here.  ;)  Julia and I saw this duplex as we were riding our bikes around the neighborhood the other day.  It looks very nice from the outside and it's only $174,900

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Multifamily/NH/Keene/591915

srqrebel

Quote from: dalebert on October 13, 2007, 02:54 PM NHFT

While I can't actually speak for Russell and Kat, it is my understanding that their mobile home has accomodations that are available on short notice for those passing through.  You may want to get in touch with them -- or with Caleb -- to verify this, but I am quite certain that it is a very good, available option.

Hope to see you at the festival, if not before  8)

David

I should be off that friday, (if no one begs me to come work for them) but I will miss the actual pumpkin fest.   :'(  Working my ass off all day.  Note to anyone hungry on that day, I work in two restaurants, and they both have said they expect to be busy from open to close.  If you intend to eat out, be ready for a wait. 
Any one who wants too, it would be great to hang out friday night.  I assume some of the stuff should be up by then.