• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Pumpkin Festival

Started by d_goddard, September 05, 2007, 10:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

CNHT

Here are the details for the RP outreach:

CHESHIRE COUNTY
KEENE PUMPKIN FESTIVAL - OCTOBER 20

Come bring your Ron Paul designed Pumpkins (and a sign) to Keene to compete in the Keene Pumpkin Festival. There will be over 20,000 jack'o'lantern's there. What better way to promote Ron Paul than to have an innovatively carved pumpkin up on the staging, shining the light through the design?

***Political boothing is not allowed but please contact Doug Bersaw, Cheshire County Chair for the Ron Paul Campaign, who will coordinate the literature distribution, at 239-8827 or email him at thebersaws (at) myexcel (dot) com

Caleb

my hunch is that if you try to pass out political pamphlets at pumpkin fest, you will piss people off.

CNHT

Quote from: Caleb on October 16, 2007, 10:23 PM NHFT
my hunch is that if you try to pass out political pamphlets at pumpkin fest, you will piss people off.

Doug is from that area and he'll scope it out ahead of time and see what can/cannot be done and then proceed accordingly.
He's asked that people meet him there once he finds this out.
I called a while ago and she said no political booths and no more space in any case...
So, you'd have to stand and wave/handout by the entrance or where a lot of the cars will go by...and not inside the festival perhaps.

Soundwave

There really isn't an "inside" to Pumpkin Fest. There's just thousands of people all the city with the actually pumpkin display taking up a good chunk of Main Street.

CNHT

Quote from: Soundwave on October 17, 2007, 01:54 PM NHFT
There really isn't an "inside" to Pumpkin Fest. There's just thousands of people all the city with the actually pumpkin display taking up a good chunk of Main Street.

Ah I see. She just wrote me back again to say there was no more booth space within the confines of the festival, where they have them, I assume on some grassy area?

Plus I never said it was a political booth, and the GOP out there told me those were not allowed.

So, Doug just wants to be careful to lit drop/sign wave in a place where there won't be the result that Caleb described.

d_goddard

There's always the plan of just having lots and lots of people wearing their Ron Paul T-shirts and sweaters...!

lildog

At the Goffstown pumpkin regatta the Hillary group was there passing out information and trying to get people to sign up for their email lists.  I saw some eye rolling but no one was "pissed" about it.

CNHT

Quote from: lildog on October 17, 2007, 05:37 PM NHFT

At the Goffstown pumpkin regatta the Hillary group was there passing out information and trying to get people to sign up for their email lists.  I saw some eye rolling but no one was "pissed" about it.

It depends on what the festival rules are. This is why Doug wants to find out beforehand. The rules need to apply to all candidates, and not excuse ONE like they did in Hopkinton.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on October 17, 2007, 02:32 PM NHFT
There's always the plan of just having lots and lots of people wearing their Ron Paul T-shirts and sweaters...!
anyone wearing a v mask last year was a hit with the crowd ... you could combine the two if you dare :)

David

Some friends at work really really likey the v for vendetta movie. 

jason12085

A friend and I plan on attending... Any tips on where to park?

srqrebel

I plan on having a "Free Lauren Canario" jack-o-lantern display at the festival.  If anyone wants to bring flowers, wreaths, ribbons, etc. to contribute, feel free to do so.  Let's get her noticed!

CNHT

Quote from: jason12085 on October 18, 2007, 12:27 PM NHFT

I have no clue, this is why I posted Doug's info... contact him to find all this out.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: jason12085 on October 18, 2007, 12:27 PM NHFT

The year before last we parked in the northern part of Keene at a company on Maple st and took a bus into town.  Little drizzle, not a lot of folks.  Last year we did the same thing and due to the nice weather we had to wait a long time in line for a bus.  Last year when my sisters came up for it I suggested Maple st.  They drove into town and parked All Day, for some reasonable fee just south of the college.
If you are submitting pumpkins, show up early, then sign in your pumpkins, and go park south of the college on main st. At the height of the event Main st is elbow to elbow, Kids & carriages.  Late at night the crowd thins out and the pumpkins show up in the dark.