• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

LTE questions

Started by J’raxis 270145, September 05, 2007, 10:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Now that Manchester has had its public safety committee meeting about the sex-offender issue, I'm going to send off a few letters to the local newspapers to publicize the issue and let people know what their aldermen are up to. Denis Goddard recommended this over in our thread there, and I've looked at the NHLA's guide and the one he links to, but it leaves a few open questions:—

• Are LTEs expected to be in reply to some specific article in a newspaper or a reply to another previously-published letter? I'd like to just write a letter about the issue in general, just to get the word out, but do the papers generally not publish these type of "cold-call" letters?

• Is it considered acceptable to send the same, or essentially the same, letter to numerous newspapers at once? Does the first newspaper to accept and publish get upset, and perhaps ignore you in the future, if the same or similar letter appears in one of their competitors' papers the next day? Or, will papers just ignore your letter, and perhaps you in the future, if they've seen the same letter published previously in one of their competitors' papers?

Lasse

I don't know about NH, but the vast majority of the LTEs I've seen have been addressing issues, not particular articles.

d_goddard

<buckaroo_bonzai>
No on #1 and Yes on #2
</buckaroo_bonzai>

J’raxis 270145

#2 — Yes that it's acceptable? :)

d_goddard

error

The only LTEs I've ever had published referenced recent articles in the newspaper.