• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Michael Hampton / error / Beavis getting hassled?

Started by Barterer, September 05, 2007, 01:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

LordBaltimore

QuoteI'm semi-dark lately. A lot of potentially dangerous shit is going on and I have to attend to my personal safety before anything else.

:o

J’raxis 270145

Don't copy stuff off of an HTTPS website and put it on an HTTP one. That particular quote might not be a big deal, but HTTPS websites are encrypted for a reason.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 12, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT
Don't copy stuff off of an HTTPS website and put it on an HTTP one. That particular quote might not be a big deal, but HTTPS websites are encrypted for a reason.

In English?

d_goddard

Quote from: richardr on September 12, 2007, 03:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 12, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT

In English?
"What's said on NHTeaParty, stays on NHTeaParty"

LordBaltimore

J’raxis 270145

HTTPS = encrypted.
HTTP = plaintext.

Michael set up the site so what's there can only be viewed by someone actually visiting the website (which leaves behind a record of their visit in a logfile), and not by surveillance of the network over which the data passes. Basically if the government wants to watch what people over there are saying, they have to "come in the front door."

There was a thread about it over there, too.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 12, 2007, 03:52 PM NHFT
HTTPS = encrypted.
HTTP = plaintext.

Michael set up the site so what's there can only be viewed by someone actually visiting the website (which leaves behind a record of their visit in a logfile), and not by surveillance of the network over which the data passes. Basically if the government wants to watch what people over there are saying, they have to "come in the front door."

There was a thread about it over there, too.

Thanks for the translation.  Seems kind of extreme though, considering that even a computer nitwit like me can log on to the internet from anywhere in the world while sitting at my home computer without ever using a proxy server.

LordBaltimore

It's also a bad idea to tip your hand if you're going to play cloak and dagger, no?

d_goddard

I think it'd be a good idea for the board admin to put some JavaScript in place to disable simple copying, if copying data out is to be discouraged.
That won't stop anybody, of course, (you can always view the HTML and copy that) but it will avoid innocent or copying like what richardr did.

LordBaltimore

Quote from: d_goddard on September 12, 2007, 04:05 PM NHFT
I think it'd be a good idea for the board admin to put some JavaScript in place to disable simple copying, if copying data out is to be discouraged.
That won't stop anybody, of course, (you can always view the HTML and copy that) but it will avoid innocent or copying like what richardr did.

Considering I have no idea how to copy HTML, it would definitely have stopped me.

J’raxis 270145

Firefox doesn't like onselectstart="...", but I discovered you can do this:—

<style type="text/css">
    * { -moz-user-select: none }
</style>

error

Anyway, while I doubt that they can arrest me like they did to Reno and Danny Riley today, since I haven't provided the Browns any material support, I wouldn't put it past them to try something anyway.

d_goddard

Thank god you're safe, error.

At times like this, I think of the ads for NPR that I used to see on the sides of the buses in the Bay Area:
   >------ EVERYBODY
   >------ REMAIN
   >------ CALM

I'm not sure why.

Romak

Look Error while I support a lot of things you say in terms of Reno and Riley they were arrested for buying guns for Ed Brown. He went out and bought a 50 cal and left it at the Browns when he left the premises. No matter how people on here feel about the Browns plight its very illegal to give weapons to convicted felons especially when those felons are threatening violence against innocent people. So now if it wasn't for Reno Ed Brown wouldn't have that rifle at his house. Thats how the Marshalls are looking at it, and thats how Id be looking at it if I were them. Now for the part thats going to give me some serious negative Karma, Reno, Riley, etc have been talking so damn tough for so damn long, and they were arrested without a wimper..............If I were a betting man I would say Ed Brown is going to go down about as easily. Talking tough is one thing but following through is another, apparently Reno and Riley were all talk. So now the question is..........what is Ed Brown going to do? All those years of blowing smoke up everyones arse coming to a head. I'm so tired of all of this BS and what its doing to our State that most of you supposedly want to make better, cant wait for it all to end. Id say the Marshalls took a huge step in the right direction. If they want someone to help them navigate those woods around his house, tell them to give me a jingle. Error I wouldn't worry about them coming to your home, unless I missed something you haven't done anything illegal, you are well within your rights supporting whoever you want so long as you don't hurt anyone, or give people that want to hurt someone the means to do so. 

KBCraig