• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

looking for an opportunity to stamp large quantities of frn's

Started by penguinsscareme, September 06, 2007, 11:44 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

penguinsscareme

Hi.
So, here's me, I'm just a stay-at-home dad these days, I don't really have a life apart from radio, church and the internet, and I'm sure my absence from real-life activities such as porcupine festivals and monadnock-area meetups has been felt by all.  What can I say except that I apologize for depriving you all of my infectious charm  ;D ::) ::).

Anyway, I do have a point, as indicated in the thread title.  I'm not naturally a very sociable type of person, nor a very good activist, and even if I were, my current living situation limits my mobility and availability.  However, if there are any monadnock-area porcupines who deal in large quantities of frn's and who would be willing to allow me to do so, I would like to have the opportunity to stamp those frn's with the fsp web address and/or the newhampshire underground web address.

I'm talking about pizza shops, mini-marts, gas stations, anything along those lines.  I would be willing to come in on my own time, or possibly to take a part-time position of employment.

I was always a big proponent of stamping frn's, and I remain thoroughly convinced of the idea's merit.  But unfortunately (in more ways than one), I've never had access to a steady flow of the darned things.

One consistent problem I've encountered is bleeding ink.  I see over in another thread where someone has apparently successfully addressed this obstacle.  So I'd be open to suggestions about what you'd like to see stamped on frn's (web addresses, mottos, logos, etc.), what kind of ink to use, where to obtain such a stamp and appropriate ink, or where I might find an opportunity to put it to good use.

sandm000

I've got stamps and ink if you want to borrow them. 
I also don't have enough of them in my possession at any one time.
I fear my plastic will get lonely without any paper to keep it company.

Kat Kanning

I'll have to come up with some frns, just so we can see you!  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Yeah, I was aware you were in the area from TCF forum (I think). I was hoping you'd come out to play.

Pat K

Penguin come out to plaaaaaay

Penguin come out to plaaaaay

Anybody else haveing a flash back to that clasic movie warriors? ;D

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

Dreepa

You can do what I do before a business trip.

I go get about $1000... stamp them... change them in different parts of the country... come home and deposit it back in my account.

We are trying to start a 'Where's Liberty.com and org site... there is a thread here somewhere.

I stamp:

LIVE FREE OR DIE
NHLIBERTY.ORG

VOTE RON PAUL
www.ronpaulhq.com

Liberty in Your lifetime
www.freestateproject.org

penguinsscareme

Quotego get about $1000

Yeah, you lost me right about there.  Move the decimal a couple places to the left for me, okay?  A small, busy storefront, on the other hand, can do $1k in one night.  Gawd...think about it.

[Jack Black voice]
Think about it, man!
[/Jack Black voice]

Two or three hundred little slips of paper going out every night to circulate amongst an unsuspecting populace, all whispering softly -- rumors, hints, innuendos.  Pssst!  Hey!  There's freedom over there!  Hey!  You!  They're talking about Liberty in Our Lifetime!  What are they doing in that little state up there, anyway?

I'm a big believer in the basic Advertising 101 doctrine of repeated exposure.  I believe that the increase in likelihood of an average person actually acting on an advertisement (such as a stamped frn) is exponential, not linear, with each repeated exposure.  I'm thinking of that part in Alice's Restaurant (you know, the one down in West Stockbridge, Massachusetts, about a mile from the railroad track) where he's talking about what if two people walked into the draft office and sang a refrain from the song, well what if eight people walked into the draft office and so on...

Repeated exposures, folks.  Volume.  Create curiosity.  People at water coolers in offices, store clerks and bank tellers for scores of miles in every direction.  The youth, oh my God, the youth!

Alright, I better stop, I'm getting myself all bothered.

Dreepa

I love the idea.

Maybe just go down to the bank alot.  ;D

I don't know any mom and pop places out in Keene area.