• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

An appeal for aid in relocating

Started by ReverendRyan, September 07, 2007, 08:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on September 08, 2007, 08:46 PM NHFT
Dalebert: This could be a good use for that church.

A Porc Hostel.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't make the math work for that church. I can't even afford it if I fill it with paying tenants.
:-\

Dan

KBCraig

Quote from: Insurgent on September 11, 2007, 07:39 PM NHFT
Ryan, I sent you an email but here it is again:

Heyas, I've sort of been following the threads about your predicament. I don't know anything about you since I don't get over the the FTL boards or 2nd Life. Now I see that you are decided on taking the bus up here, no matter what.

Do you have any sort of support structure set up for when you get here? When the bus drops you off at some town, where are you going, etc?  Do you have any plan once you are "home"?

In Ryan's case he's in exactly the same boat whether he stays in Texas or rides the bus to NH: broke, nowhere to live, and no family to help. When you've got nobody and nothing, you might as well take your chance where you want to be, and where there are people of like mind.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I heard he's arriving Saturday...not sure where he's staying.

Puke

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 12, 2007, 12:18 PM NHFT
I heard he's arriving Saturday...not sure where he's staying.

Grafton, I believe.

dalebert

Quote from: lawofattraction on September 12, 2007, 04:48 PM NHFT
Someone turned a church in York, Maine into a marketplace filled with small retail businesses - sort of like a mini-mall. Were you thinking of something similar?

I've considered all kinds of things, but it's basically really high risk for several reasons. Zoning may not allow many uses. There's not enough parking. The place needs work on it including a new roof at some point. If it were an amazing deal, I might do it because that would reduce the risk. As it is, I could end up stuck with a huge money pit.

ArcRiley

There's an old church for sale in Manchester?

dalebert

Quote from: ArcRiley on September 12, 2007, 07:22 PM NHFT
There's an old church for sale in Manchester?

Marlborough, just outside of Keene. I actually took a look at it and was going to consider moving if it presented a good business opportunity.

Russell Kanning

inside sales eh?

pc connection in Keene is always looking for them

alohamonkey

Ryan,

My company, Hello Direct Inc., is hiring outside sales (and possibly inside too) - www.hellodirect.com.

It looks like you're qualified for a position here.  Furthermore, if I refer you to my company, they pay me a referral bonus that I'd be more than happy to split with you.  It could set you up with some cash to get started with.  We're located in Nashua, NH but I live in Manchester, NH and the commute isn't too bad.  PM me if interested.

alohamonkey

Quote from: freedominnh on September 13, 2007, 01:57 PM NHFT
There are a number of churches for sale in Manchester.

there was a castle for sale in Manch at one point too . . . trying to find mls number

Dreepa

Quote from: alohamonkey on September 13, 2007, 08:03 AM NHFT
Ryan,

My company, Hello Direct Inc., is hiring outside sales (and possibly inside too) - www.hellodirect.com.

It looks like you're qualified for a position here.  Furthermore, if I refer you to my company, they pay me a referral bonus that I'd be more than happy to split with you.  It could set you up with some cash to get started with.  We're located in Nashua, NH but I live in Manchester, NH and the commute isn't too bad.  PM me if interested.

:clap:

dalebert

Quote from: alohamonkey on September 13, 2007, 02:06 PM NHFT
there was a castle for sale in Manch at one point too . . . trying to find mls number

Yeah, that was still on sell very recently. I found it on beangroup.com. Limit to commercial properties and you might find it quickly.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Commercial/NH/Manchester/543354

dalebert

Quote from: lawofattraction on September 13, 2007, 09:37 PM NHFT
Maybe that place could house the new porcupine food bank...

It's a $300k property.  :o I assume you don't mean to be used exclusively for the food bank. I suppose if a porc bought it for commercial use or to lease it out, there may be space somewhere they could put aside for the food bank and get a tax deduction. It seems to have a lot of sq footage.

penguinsscareme

QuoteThere are a number of churches for sale in Manchester.

There's a church for sale in Winchester right on rte. 10.