• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Only cops should have guns

Started by 41mag, September 09, 2007, 11:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

41mag

DUNSTABLE -- She was sitting in a lounge chair in the living room of her Oak Street home, watching television, when the round ripped through a screen on an open bathroom window, rattling off walls and doors and hitting about 4 feet over her head, showering her with pieces of plasterboard as she ducked in fear.

The shotgun blast, fired shortly before 10 p.m. on Aug. 4, left a dent in the front door, where the shell ricocheted before striking a glass pane on a set of French doors leading to the parlor. The shell finally fell to the floor of the entrance foyer without breaking the glass.

"Three shots rang. I said, 'That sounds really close,' and I got scared, and then the fourth one was this one," the woman said, indicating the gouge in the wall.

The woman, who asked not to be identified, rushed upstairs to her husband, who was sleeping in a bedroom. They called 911.

Shots were still being fired when an officer arrived at their home, said Police Chief James Downes.

Police say those shots came from a nearby house, at 800 Main St., where two law-enforcement officers were allegedly drinking.
Continued here.

Mike Barskey

QuoteReading Police Chief James Cormier...said. "It's an internal personnel matter and I'm not at liberty to discuss internal personnel matters."

When 2 drunken people are shooting weapons at other people - even if by accident - it is not a "personnel matter" for whomever employs them (they're cops, in this case), it is perhaps assault, attempted murder, etc. - likely a criminal act, and surely the public should know.

NHRes2004

If it hadn't been police their names would have been plastered all over the news - evidence or not.

ArcRiley

Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 09, 2007, 12:32 PM NHFT
If it hadn't been police their names would have been plastered all over the news - evidence or not.

Of course.  This is another example of the Blue Code of Silence