• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

HELP WANTED Free Minds TV

Started by earthhaven, September 09, 2007, 02:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

earthhaven

Free Minds TV is Seeking to fill the following volunteer positions:

- Graphics Operator

- Audio Operator

- Teleprompter Operator

- Camera Operator

If your not local or cant commit to helping on a weekly basis you can visit Free Minds TV.com to help from where you are or visit vote.freemindstv.com

Kat Kanning

Cool, whats involved int he positions?  When do people need to show up to do these things?

earthhaven

The show airs live on Friday nights from 9-10pm.  Set up starts at 8:00 right after the previous show ends.  We are usually finished taking the set down by 10:30pm. 

Graphics Operator:  Playing all media (pictures, video, audio, etc.) and graphics on cue.

Audio Operator:  Controlling the audio levels of the talent, the phones, IFBs, and media throughout the entire show.

Teleprompter Operator:  Inputting information into the teleprompter by typing.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleprompter

Camera Operator:  Operating the cameras during the show as needed by the director.

There is a free class offered at Cheshire TV that goes over everything that you need to know to fill these positions herehttp://cheshiretv.org/training.htm.

FTL_Ian

This is a great opportunity for anybody who's ever been interested in television production.  Start working on Free Minds TV and then you might get inspired after you gain enough experience to do your own program!

Tom Sawyer

Yeah they have some nice equipment that is free to use and they need good freedom oriented programming.

lildog

Quote from: earthhaven on September 09, 2007, 02:35 PM NHFTIf your not local or cant commit to helping on a weekly basis you can visit Free Minds TV.com to help from where you are or visit vote.freemindstv.com

Local to what town?

I wouldn't mind helping out as a camera operator as I actually did run a camera back in high school and college for an AV group.  They did rock concerts, plays, events (the woman's "fashion" show was my fav  ;D ) and political events.  We even had a remote control camera we would hang off balconies or over walls to get shots were people couldn't stand.  I worked the sound board too but I hated doing that.  You would think after my years of playing in bands that I would enjoy the sound board but I don't.

Puke

Quote from: lildog on September 10, 2007, 03:20 PM NHFT
Local to what town?

Keene.

I don't know anything about audio, but I could help with the other shit.
My only problem is that I work on Saturdays once a month.

Rifkinn

I sure wish I was close enough to help out doing/learning some of that. :(

TackleTheWorld

FTL_Ian

Awesome.  Lauren is a video professional.  FMTV just keeps getting better!   8)

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 12, 2007, 11:49 AM NHFT
Awesome.  Lauren is a video professional.  FMTV just keeps getting better!   8)

What they need now is a studio that doesn't lose power in the middle of a show.  ;)

BrennaFMTV

Lauren,

Thank you so much for helping out last night on the show!  You did a great job and we really appreciate your help.  We're glad to have you as part of the team, and we look forward to seeing you next week!   :)

Brenna

TobyFMTV

Thanks Lauren!

[/quote]

I don't know anything about audio, but I could help with the other shit.
My only problem is that I work on Saturdays once a month.

[/quote]

If you are interested we could work something out. Lauren has the audio covered, but there is plenty more to do.

Rifkinn

public access tv?  never heard of such a thing... jk..
the community I currently live in doesn't even have a basic website (i'm hoping to change that at least)
Toby, you guys really need to keep it going so when I can get out to NH I can help out... :)

TobyFMTV

Quote from: Rifkinn on September 15, 2007, 04:52 PM NHFT
public access tv?  never heard of such a thing... jk..
the community I currently live in doesn't even have a basic website (i'm hoping to change that at least)
Toby, you guys really need to keep it going so when I can get out to NH I can help out... :)

Sounds like a plan :)