• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Deep Throat

Started by AlanM, June 01, 2005, 08:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Finally we know who Deep Throat is. Mark Felt, No. 2 man at the FBI.
Before I go further I will say that I was ecstatic to have Nixon resign. Having said that, it disturbs me that Mark Felt had the information that he revealed. How did he get this information? A lot of the information revealed was not the type that the FBI should have had available to them. It seems it was all a personal vendetta against Nixon for not appointing him as FBI director to replace Hoover.
This revelation disturbs me immensely.

Kat Kanning

They were just talking about it on WKBK...seems like a lot of people are disturbed about it.   You think he was just keeping close tabs on Nixon, or he made it up?

AlanM

We know the FBI under Hoover, kept information, illegally, on various and sundry politicians in Washington. Hoover used it to control Presidents, and apparently Deep Throat used information he had gathered, for the same purpose. To me, Deep Throat is an unconscionable person, who apparently brought down a President, not for "noble purposes" but as a vendetta.
This disturbs me for 2 reasons, 1) that the FBI has this information and this power, 2) and that Woodward, Bernstein, et al, used this information, knowing its source and probable tainted quality.

AlanM

I will never trust the Washington Post again. I will watch closely, those who defend them.

AlanM

Another thing. We will never know if the information Deep Throat passed on is correct. Because of the strong possibility of a personal vendetta, and the position Deep Throat held, and the resources under his control, the information could have been partially, or completely fabricated. Or it could be accurate. We will most likely never know.

KBCraig

Quote from: AlanM on June 01, 2005, 09:01 AM NHFT
I will never trust the Washington Post again.

Welcome to the party, even if you're about 30 years late.  ;)

Kevin

Lloyd Danforth

Can't even remember when I stopped caring who Deep Throat was.

pascal.belanger

To know of the root of the water gate scandal is more important then the true
name of the leek :P >:(