• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine food bank

Started by Bald Eagle, September 13, 2007, 09:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: error on September 13, 2007, 10:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on September 13, 2007, 09:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on September 13, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
Ramen noodles here. If I had a bit of extra money I would buy that huge 3 pound bag of smoked sausages and chop a few of those up and throw them in.

Ohhh... smoked sausages and ramen.... uhhhh...

I've got some frozen veggies I could donate to your ramen....

Thanks dear, but I don't eat ramen noodles anymore.

I'm glad

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 14, 2007, 05:31 AM NHFT
Seems like donations of used dishes, furniture - household stuff - would be useful also.

Yes, I've already given a stove and clothes dryer away...and as soon as this election madness is over will have other stuff to give away.

ArcRiley

Quote from: GraniteForge on September 14, 2007, 07:23 PM NHFT
How would you set up the group so that donors could get a tax writeoff, considering that the purpose is to help porcs (rather than the general public)?
Systemic exclusion.  All groups practice it at some level and to some ends.  We simply don't advertise it except to porcs.  The people we want to help will find it and take advantage of it, those who, well, don't know about the project wouldn't.

dawn

Quote from: GraniteForge on September 15, 2007, 12:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: ArcRiley on September 15, 2007, 12:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: GraniteForge on September 14, 2007, 07:23 PM NHFT
How would you set up the group so that donors could get a tax writeoff, considering that the purpose is to help porcs (rather than the general public)?
Systemic exclusion.  All groups practice it at some level and to some ends.  We simply don't advertise it except to porcs.  The people we want to help will find it and take advantage of it, those who, well, don't know about the project wouldn't.

You have to be very careful how you structure such an organization on paper, and also how you apply the criteria.  The Charitable Trusts department is very aggressive about scrutiny and enforcement (and assessing fines).

If you just want to help new movers get a leg up, why open the door to government involvement at all?

I think people would want to help with this on a personal basis, not for a tax write off. The work involved in getting non-profit status sounds pretty overwhelming for a simple project like this.

Rosie the Riveter

Here is the first project for our Porcupine food bank donors!!

Food drive on Sept. 29th!
The New Hampshire grassroots organization, RonPaulHQ (www.ronpaulhq.com) is proud to sponsor a food drive in conjunction with the upcoming Ron Paul Family walk on Sept 29 in Manchester New Hampshire. This food drive will supply food to needy people throughout the state.

"Voluntary charities also promote self-reliance, but government welfare programs foster dependency." – Ron Paul 2003 (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul80.html)

This food drive will help Americans understand that opposition to government welfare programs doesn't mean opposition to charity, since private charities are more efficient and responsive than government programs. And they involve one-on-one caring, rather than forced participation through taxation.

To participate, bring at least one bag of food items to the rally on the 29th in Manchester, NH. For more details on the rally, see http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/manchester-nh-rally-canvassing. PLEASE RSVP to the national site, and to your local meetup. Cash donations will also be accepted with half of the funds going to RonPaulHQ, and half to the food bank.

Food items urgently needed are:
•   Protein items such as canned tuna or chicken and canned stews and pasta
•   Peanut butter
•   100% juice boxes (no glass please)
•   Canned fruits in light syrup, applesauce
•   Canned vegetables, tomatoes and tomato sauce
•   Soups
•   Healthy cereals
•   Pasta, rice
•   Dry beans
•   Financial Donations: $1 = 4 meals!

Don't be bashful, the truck can hold 20,000 lbs of food! Feel free to ask friends and family for donations.

I received this message from Ron Paul for President - HQNH.

Dreepa

Just one note..
Ronpaulhq will not be taking half... there will be a jar for ronpaulhq and a jar for the food bank.

CNHT

Kat Kanning

added the food drive to the calendar...sounds cool  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: CNHT on September 20, 2007, 08:13 PM NHFT
Also, please don't forget to RSVP for the Family Walk at:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

Why RSVP?  Why not just show up?  I filled out the form and it didn't like my answers.

porcupine kate

If we do this so people can get a tax right off then we have to follow the governments rule about how to handle the food and how to distribute it.  Many small groups have given up due to the bullshit they had to jump though when the government was included.  No applying for grants either.  Even more rules.

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on September 21, 2007, 07:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on September 20, 2007, 08:13 PM NHFT
Also, please don't forget to RSVP for the Family Walk at:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

Why RSVP?  Why not just show up?  I filled out the form and it didn't like my answers.

Because they are setting up the literature and drivers vs walkers according to the responses they get.

Also, what do y'all think would be the best food item desired to donate?

Pat K

Pat K

Quote from: Scott Roth on September 21, 2007, 02:48 PM NHFT
But Pat, you know you'll never "donate" beer.  C'mon.... ;D

Not so I would be Happy too.

I always bring extra for folks who may be Beerless it breaks my heart
to see that.

Lloyd Danforth

If you love someone something .................set it free!

Kat Kanning