• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The house across the street is for sale

Started by FTL_Ian, September 14, 2007, 12:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

4/1.5 $189k
It's been on the market all year... I say make them an offer.
http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Homes/NH/Keene/540271

Free Staters should buy out the houses as they go for sale down the block... we could have a street in Keene with all Free Staters living on it eventually.   8)

Kat Kanning

shyfrog

I recommend Bean Group for real estate searches in NH.
They post many more photos of the properties and show current property taxes and precise location/maps.

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Homes/NH/Keene/540271

FTL_Ian

shyfrog

I don't know anything about the ethics of MLS, but I'm sure there's plenty to learn about rules and regulations governing the RE industry. I do know that the Bean Group site gives me exactly what I'm looking for without ever having to deal with an agent. It's the best site I've ever run across in looking for real estate. If another site can ethically offer me loads of photos, exact addresses, and an estimate on taxes for the year, I'll definitely look at it.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: shyfrog on September 14, 2007, 12:32 PM NHFT
I don't know anything about the ethics of MLS, but I'm sure there's plenty to learn about rules and regulations governing the RE industry. I do know that the Bean Group site gives me exactly what I'm looking for without ever having to deal with an agent. It's the best site I've ever run across in looking for real estate. If another site can ethically offer me loads of photos, exact addresses, and an estimate on taxes for the year, I'll definitely look at it.

http://mlspulse.com is very good but you do have to register to use it.

shyfrog

NNEREN is great, but doesn't get me an exact location. I know how to find "Antrim" on a map and certainly don't want to talk to an agent to find out where IN Antrim the home is. If NNEREN can offer that, it would be even better than Bean because NNEREN does show the listing agent. Now I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons that can be muttered for not giving out addresses, I just know I really appreciate that particular feature immensely :)

And sorry for hijacking the thread Ian  :icon_pirat:

Vote Tyler Stearns

Quote from: freedominnh on September 14, 2007, 12:23 PM NHFT
The bean website has pirated listings from all over the state.  The majority of what is on that site is copied from mls/nnren.  Technically what they do is unethical.

What the Bean Group has is an IDX feed that they can ONLY get if they contract with NNEREN.  They're not doing anything illegal or unethical.  They're doing what the majority of Realtors in the state are doing on their websites - providing an internet data exchange from NNEREN. 

Whenever you search any Realtor's website that has an IDX feed, the listings you pull up WILL show who the listing agent is...but it's at the very bottom of the listing information in rather small print.  That's not because a Realtor is doing anything sneaky.  That's the way the IDX feeds come from NNEREN to the Realtor using the IDX search function. 

FTL_Ian

It is a corner lot with plenty of parking... might make a great Porcupine House

cathleeninnh

I spent a year or so looking at listings and I prefered to do searches on nneren and then when I was interested, I went to bean group to get the address. That worked best for me. Found something, too!

Cathleen

dalebert

The location is great but that house sux.  :-\

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on September 14, 2007, 03:34 PM NHFT
The location is great but that house sux.  :-\

Really? From the pictures on the website it looks like a pretty nice place.

Tom Sawyer

Sometimes a bad house in a good location can work out. Just depends what is wrong with it.

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on September 14, 2007, 03:49 PM NHFT
Really? From the pictures on the website it looks like a pretty nice place.

Nick described the inside to me and it was very discouraging. It only has one full bath, for instance. Would suck for a roommate situation unless you were able to renovate the half bath cheaply enough to make it worthwhile and it's already over-priced. I can't remember what else I didn't like about it but that wasn't the only thing. I remember that based on the information he gave me, I immediately marked it off for consideration. There's better houses in Keene for less.

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on September 14, 2007, 06:19 PM NHFT
Nick described the inside to me and it was very discouraging. It only has one full bath, for instance. Would suck for a roommate situation unless you were able to renovate the half bath cheaply enough to make it worthwhile and it's already over-priced. I can't remember what else I didn't like about it but that wasn't the only thing. I remember that based on the information he gave me, I immediately marked it off for consideration. There's better houses in Keene for less.

I see your point. One bath would suck.
The renters could use a hose in the yard to bathe in.