• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The house across the street is for sale

Started by FTL_Ian, September 14, 2007, 12:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Puke on September 14, 2007, 07:46 PM NHFT
I see your point. One bath would suck.
The renters could use a hose in the yard to bathe in.

There is another toilet, so the shower would be the only trick...

FTL_Ian

They had an open house yesterday and Julia and I took a tour.

It has been owner occupied for the last 18 years - not a rental.

I am not a carpenter or a plumber but it appears that the half bath could easily be turned into a full bath as the half bath is actually an added on room to the home and it is already plumbed for a sink.  It would not seem difficult at all to throw a little corner shower unit in there.  The half bath is also a laundry room.

There are three bedrooms upstairs, one of which is very small.  The basement has been turned into a decent sized fourth bedroom.

The main bathroom has a skylight.  Generally, this is a nice, old (built in 1910) New England home on a corner lot with lots of parking in a good neighborhood.  The home may be a little pricey, but it has been on the market since at least April and there has apparently been very little serious interest.  Make an offer!

It would be great for a family or as a destination for incoming porcupines ("Porc Manor").

FTL_Ian

Technically, this could be considered a five bedroom home.  One of the bedrooms was turned into a large walk-in closet.  With a few adjustments, this could be used as a fifth bedroom.

David

Is it still for sale.  The original link is gone.  I'm not really in a position to buy a house, but I may actually look at it.  As an investment, it may be useful.  Good porchouse potential.  If you could pm me the address, that would be cool.

FTL_Ian

It is no longer for sale.  There is one that is a couple of streets away that looks like a great deal:

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Multifamily/NH/Keene/591915

iWantToLiveFree

Looks great indeed. I shouldn't be looking at that right now though.. I'd love to buy that kind of house in this price range. Good opportunity to rent the separate unit out to other free staters.

But that won't happen. Thanks uncle sam. All it does is make me angrier! Thanks Ian :P

Only thing that sucks is the property taxes.. man that hurts.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I would guess that there is always a house for sale near that neighborhood in Keene.  I like the whole town.