• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rifle Range Backstop

Started by Bald Eagle, September 14, 2007, 08:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

Cross-posting here for those interested.
This would be a nice place to plunk down a picnic table and be able to run people new to firearms through basic safety and operation.  It's a beautiful, quiet outdoor place where we could relax, enjoy each other's company, and have a picnic or BBQ.

Yes Ron, I'm pimping out your property.   :D

https://www.nhteaparty.org/index.php/topic,310.0.html

Ron Helwig

And for those who would like to see it become available soon, you are welcome to come by and help. We need help with logging, hauling dirt, hauling rocks...

On Fridays I make pizza from scratch for diner, and helpers would certainly get fed. Maybe I should make this an every Friday deal until its done.

directions and map

NHRes2004

error

Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 15, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT
Link to a closed forum? ::)

Unfortunately there's a good reason for it to be closed. But feel free to register, after which you can read the post.

Ron Helwig

We won't be working on it tomorrow (Sunday), but after that, feel free to stop by any day to help. We have lots of work to do, and not just for the range.
I'd like to see a bunch of helpers on Fridays especially.

Let's get this range working before winter!

penguins4me

Quote from: error on September 15, 2007, 05:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 15, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT
Link to a closed forum? ::)

Unfortunately there's a good reason for it to be closed. But feel free to register, after which you can read the post.

Not that I have any say in the matter, but what good does locking out unregistered users do when any anonymous flunky, fed, or freak can set up a freebie email account via proxy, register via proxy, and view via proxy (which I do as a matter of course)? What does it accomplish? Aside from reducing your traffic to pretty much zero, aside from the already-involved die-hards, as I know from locking down another forum due to spammers. </rant>

error

You must think I'm a complete idiot. I'm not concerned about YOUR proxy server. Others, perhaps.

penguins4me

Quote from: error on September 15, 2007, 10:24 PM NHFT
You must think I'm a complete idiot. I'm not concerned about YOUR proxy server. Others, perhaps.

I simply fail to see what technical difference there is between my proxies, and the proxies of malicious people...

-edit
... which could actually be one and the same, for all I know, seeing as the ones I use are open to any who know the address or stumble across it.

(Also, score another thread successfully hijacked! :| )

error

The difference is I can tell them apart, and I'm not going to discuss it further for obvious reasons.

NHRes2004

Quote from: error on September 15, 2007, 11:09 PM NHFT
The difference is I can tell them apart, and I'm not going to discuss it further for obvious reasons.

Security through obscurity?

error

Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 16, 2007, 11:50 AM NHFT

Exactly who are you and why should I be discussing my forum policies with you, on someone else's forum, in a completely unrelated thread? Where the hell is your common courtesy and respect? If you really want to have this discussion, the proper place is on the forum in question, or privately. And if you want to have a discussion with me at all about security, I suggest you both leave your attitude problems at home.

NHRes2004

Wow! Touchy!

Sorry Bald Eagle and Ron. If you plan any weekend work, let us know and I will make every effort to be there.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 16, 2007, 12:09 PM NHFT
Sorry Bald Eagle and Ron. If you plan any weekend work, let us know and I will make every effort to be there.

I would be glad to have some help on weekends, but other people have scheduled stuff on weekends and I don't want to conflict. I might even want to go help them.

This next Sunday (the 23rd) would be good. Also, this Wednesday and Friday are good days.

The weekend of the Deerfield fair I'm not likely going anywhere.

Recumbent ReCycler

Although it's a ways out for me and I've been pretty busy lately, I would like to come out to help put together a backstop and other safety structures.  Somewhere around here I have the NRA manual for range construction.  I have some ideas for reducing the chances of stray bullets leaving your range area and for significantly reducing the amount of noise that leaves your property.  I think it could be made very safe for a very low cost of materials, but a lot of work, which seems easier when you have help.  Can you post photos of the area you want to use?  What are the dimensions?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: NHRes2004 on September 16, 2007, 11:50 AM NHFT

This was actually discussed over at that other forum. How about you register an account over there and go read about it?