• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rifle Range Backstop

Started by Bald Eagle, September 14, 2007, 08:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on September 16, 2007, 08:43 PM NHFT
Although it's a ways out for me and I've been pretty busy lately, I would like to come out to help put together a backstop and other safety structures.  Somewhere around here I have the NRA manual for range construction.  I have some ideas for reducing the chances of stray bullets leaving your range area and for significantly reducing the amount of noise that leaves your property.  I think it could be made very safe for a very low cost of materials, but a lot of work, which seems easier when you have help.  Can you post photos of the area you want to use?  What are the dimensions?

Bill posted the pictures over at the Tea Party

The width is about 20 feet. Height depends on labor  ;)

Ron Helwig

I finally got that leaning dead tree down. I also got a smaller one felled.

There's maybe 5 or so trees left to fell.

Who's coming over on Wednesday?

Lex

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 16, 2007, 08:53 PM NHFT
This was actually discussed over at that other forum. How about you register an account over there and go read about it?

Actually I would find this discussion rather interesting. Can someone provide a link? I search the NH Tea Party forum for "security obscurity" and didn't find anything.

Quote from: Ron Helwig on September 17, 2007, 12:25 PM NHFT

I can commit to Wednesday. When is a good time to show up?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: sticky on September 17, 2007, 03:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ron Helwig on September 17, 2007, 12:25 PM NHFT

I can commit to Wednesday. When is a good time to show up?

Any time after 9 am works for both Wednesday and Friday.

Ron Helwig

Ron Helwig

We got a good amount of work done on Wednesday. Today I'm hoping we can get the firing lane in better shape.

Homemade pizza will be served to those who become lifetime members by applying their labor!

Bald Eagle

More photos of the progress we made on the backstop are up.

https://www.nhteaparty.org/index.php/topic,310.0.html

A backhoe, someone who can handle explosives to loosen boulders and dirt, or a jackhammer would be of great value in expediting the construction.  The going rate for renting a backhoe for the day seems to be about $250.  Anyone care to go lower?