• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

TSA Petition Idea

Started by SamIam, July 25, 2007, 05:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochelle

QuoteFeds. Fuckin', fuckin' feds.
That about sums it up.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on October 03, 2007, 04:46 PM NHFT
Inspired by SamIAm, I attempted to fly without showing any state-issued ID today. Ugh...  :(

Nice job trying this. Thinking about this, trying to do this at Logan Airport was probably the worst choice of airports, since this is where the September 11 bombers flew from. Logan got reamed in the news after 09-11 for lax security procedures; if there's any airport that's going to be massively anal about this stuff, it's them.

By the way, did you try to buy the bus ticket to Boston without showing ID?

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 04, 2007, 09:12 AM NHFT
By the way, did you try to buy the bus ticket to Boston without showing ID?

I showed my very old USC student ID and she didn't say anything. Remember that USC is a private school and the Delta agent even called someone to find out. If the ID had come from a state school, it would have been trustworthy.  ::)

Kat Kanning

Wow, Dale!  Good job for trying!

SamIam

Dale,

Great job, Delta is a tough airline to fly without ID. They have a private business rule in which, Delta requires Government ID in order to fly. It's their business, and their rules. It made sense to me when I was in Atlanta (Delta HQ), and the troops coming back from Iraq were lined up, and marched into the courtyard to applause they started. Delta is so in bed with the government, it's sickening. I have managed to fly on Delta without ID one time (from Atlanta, btw), and it was only on the way back (thanks in part to my experience, acting skills, and charm :) )

I flew on AirTran once, and the old lady at the ticket counter, shocked by my actions,  followed me over to security. She shouted from the ropes, "SEARCH HIM! SEARCH HIM! HE DOESN'T HAVE ID!!!" I interpreted it differently than you choose to Dale. My intention is always to learn and educate others. Had I yelled something like, "EVERYONE! YOU DON"T HAVE TO SHOW ID!!!" They would have arrested me for something. However, my simple questions challenged this lady's beliefs in such a way, that she was willing to educate all the people standing in line for me!

Think about this, the best advocates for ending the drug war are LEAP members. A ticketing agent getting angry like that probably means you are challenging her beliefs (or being an ass, it's a fine line). It took some practice to let go of the anger, but now I really have fun with it. Hold the intention of learning, teaching, and having fun!

I have the audio from the first time I used the TSA petition, and I turned it into a podcast. I need to do the final editing, so you guys can hear how it went. It's pretty interesting.

SamIam

dalebert

Thanx for the moral support everyone, especially Sam. You're my inspiration.

For what it's worth, I didn't ever really raise my voice much, but I did speak very strongly to the lady about my rights being violated.