• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

OMG! I want one!

Started by shyfrog, September 15, 2007, 11:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Well I fully expect ad's like that here.

Just not as friendly, more along the lines of the
click it or ticket commercials or the drinking and driving
commercials.

My favorite was the NJ radio ads blaring out Blondie's
Were gonna get Ya song for their state Tax department.

Friday

I have never forgotten a state-sponsored ad they used to run on TV when I lived in Tennessee at ages 8-9.  It had an unshaven guy in a dirty wifebeater, driving in a convertible, tossing beer cans over the side as he was driving, and had this awesomely catchy (obviously, since I still remember it!) song sung by a guy with a deep voice and a Southern accident:

Tennessee trash
Messin' up the highways
Tennessee trash
Messin' up the byways
There ain't no lower class
than Tennessee trash

I *think* the message was to not litter (and maybe to shave and do your laundry as well?)

YixilTesiphon

The Texas Lottery has better songs than that.

TylerM

The Tennessee "Click-it-or-Ticket" and "Summer-Heat" commercials are about as Authoritarian as you can get. They scare me.

dEadERest

was there a verse

Tennessee trash
7 kids with your first cousin

. . i'm sorry . .

Jared

wait...so this ad is legit?

CLICK IT OR TICKET MOTHER F#CKER!!!!!

Jared

damn, now i can't get that song out of my had  :o

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 16, 2007, 06:44 AM NHFT
Ghana is one of the best places to live in Africa ... they have refugees from Liberia, Nigeria and ivory coast there plus more

didn't we have ads like that here in America with the beginning of the SS card?

Once the Ghanainians are registered they will probably use the ID's to distinguish their own people as they kick out, or worse, the refuges you mention.

coffeeseven

I really don't see any diff between a "National ID Card" and our driver's licenses that are now standardized in every state. You have to give your SSN (Stupid Slave Number) to get it. I say we already have a NIDC. Biometrics is just another layer.

And couldn't Ghana get Ladysmith Black Mombasa to do this ad? Heck I would have applied..... ::)

CNHT

Ah remember the NAU?

Well it's jelling up just nicely, without congressional approval, just like the EU and the AU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union) and the Real ID card is the RESULT of these 'unions'. The purpose is not to kick people out, but to use the fact that the people are there to monitor everyone.

This will happen once the NAU is realized here.

Keep your ammo dry for the time when they come knocking on doors asking if you have gotten yours.

Dreepa

Hillarycare wants to give you and ID card too... I mean how else can they tell you to get MANDATORY insurance.... and some talking head said what is the big deal we mandate car ins... HELLO if a state wants health insurance that is one thing I mean you don't HAVE to have car ins in NH.

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on September 22, 2007, 01:00 PM NHFT
Hillarycare wants to give you and ID card too... I mean how else can they tell you to get MANDATORY insurance.... and some talking head said what is the big deal we mandate car ins... HELLO if a state wants health insurance that is one thing I mean you don't HAVE to have car ins in NH.

Well, that likely coming to what with Democrats controlling all branches in NH... yet another thing to fight. In NH we DON'T mandate car insurance.