• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mothers for Liberty

Started by Kat Kanning, March 20, 2005, 05:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jejstover

Quote from: katdillon on March 20, 2005, 05:35 AM NHFT
Y'all might also be interested in this mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MothersForLiberty/

Just wanted to offer a quick update on "Mothers for Liberty".  The group had been rather quiet for awhile, but new members are joining (currently 64 total) with new posts spurring on some good conversation again.

I invite others who have not yet checked us out or who haven't visited the group in a while, to do so ... and post your thoughts!

Jan

Braddogg

Any mothers of cute college-age libertarian girls in that group?    >:D

Seriously, though, I think raising libertarian children is one of the most important things people in the liberty movement can do; thank you for helping...the children   ;)

And seriously, any of the mothers looking to marry off their girls?  We can read von Mises and Hayek to each other.  That's my idea of a fun date  :-*

jejstover

Quote from: Braddogg on August 01, 2006, 03:52 PM NHFT
Any mothers of cute college-age libertarian girls in that group?    >:D

Seriously, though, I think raising libertarian children is one of the most important things people in the liberty movement can do; thank you for helping...the children   ;)

Sorry, I raised 2 liberty-loving sons.  ;-)

And you are right ... raising libertarian children is one of the most important things we can do for liberty. Other movements/political parties realize this and reach out to high school and college age kids - we need to do the same (and even earlier ... hence the Mothers for Lliberty approach!)

Kelly Halldorson

What a fantastic group!! I just joined. I'm raising three liberty loving children of my own. I couldn't agree more with those of you who've stated what an important thing it is we are doing for future generations.

jejstover

Quote from: Kelly Halldorson on August 05, 2006, 08:13 PM NHFT
What a fantastic group!! I just joined.

Kelly,

Glad you joined. I started the group with the hope that other moms would find the idea as exciting as I did. Networking/communicating with small "l" and big "L" libertarian moms/women seems an effective way to bring about change through the next generation we are raising/have raised ... and generations yet to come.  I invite you and others on this forum to spread the word about "Mothers for Liberty" through the other forums/blogs/message boards you belong to ... political or otherwise.  The more people hear about us - the more likely we are to grow in membership and ideas!

Thanks,

Jan

jejstover

On Feb 24th,  "Mothers for Liberty" yahoo group will celebrate it 2nd anniversary.  This group offers mothers raising freedom-loving children a chance to share experiences, information and networking opportunities.

The group's newer (more concise) description reads as such:  This is a discussion group dedicated to the ideas and practices of raising libertarian children (i.e. teaching, understanding and implementing the concepts of individual freedom and personal responsibility). We are dedicated to the work of restoring/maintaining liberty for our children and future generations.

We encourage a dialogue among mothers (and women of all ages and stages) which promotes these stated goals."

As interest in the group has grown (nearly 75 members representing over 15 states throughout the US - the largest number coming from NH ;-) I have decided to take the next step and form a non-profit organization called "The Mothers Institute" which will incorporate our Mothers for Liberty concepts and expand on them. 

MI's mission statement (first draft) is as follows:
"The Mothers Institute is an educational and networking organization promoting methods of mothering which foster a child's sense of individual freedom and personal responsibility. The Institute also encourages the teaching and implementation of time honored traditions including reason, logic, creativity, civility, debate and dissent."

Please pass on the above information to any/all mothers/others you think might be interested in the group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MothersForLiberty/ ) and/or the organization.  It would be great to see our Mothers for Liberty membership increase to 100 + before our 3rd year begins.

Thanks much!

Jan

PassionatePantherrr

I'm joining now, 3 mo old on my lap... ;-)

jejstover

Quote from: PassionatePantherrr on March 28, 2007, 07:16 PM NHFT
I'm joining now, 3 mo old on my lap... ;-)

Hope you've been enjoying the discussions at Mothers for Liberty ... got a little heated there regarding Ron Paul's campaign, but it seems to me the best time/place to hash out our thoughts/ideas/opinions/questions is BEFORE we enter the polling booth and such conversations are to our advantage.  ;-)

If you're interested, I've recently started another group called Libertarian Moms and the discussions/topics there are VERY active!!! Check us out at:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/libertarian_moms

About Libertarian Moms:
This is a place for moms who believe in the libertarian message (i.e. individual freedom and personal responsibility). Whether you are a card-carrying Libertarian or simply have libertarian-leanings, join us as we discuss how to maintain/restore our liberties for ourselves, our children, our grandchildren and generations yet to come.

Jan

PassionatePantherrr

Jan-

I've been trying to keep tabs, hard with a little guy who doesn't like it when mom pays attention to the computer. I'll try to take a look at the new board in the next few days. Thanks for keeping the conversations lively, if we don't teach our children to be responsible for themselves and their actions, and what it means to be truly free, who will? :-)

-Denise

Quote from: jejstover on May 01, 2007, 10:24 AM NHFT

If you're interested, I've recently started another group called Libertarian Moms and the discussions/topics there are VERY active!!! Check us out at:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/libertarian_moms

About Libertarian Moms:
This is a place for moms who believe in the libertarian message (i.e. individual freedom and personal responsibility). Whether you are a card-carrying Libertarian or simply have libertarian-leanings, join us as we discuss how to maintain/restore our liberties for ourselves, our children, our grandchildren and generations yet to come.

Jan

jejstover

Quote from: PassionatePantherrr on May 01, 2007, 09:34 PM NHFT
Jan-

I've been trying to keep tabs, hard with a little guy who doesn't like it when mom pays attention to the computer. I'll try to take a look at the new board in the next few days. Thanks for keeping the conversations lively, if we don't teach our children to be responsible for themselves and their actions, and what it means to be truly free, who will? :-)

-Denise

Exactly!

BTW, I remember the days when my sons were little and didn't appreciate much of anything I paid attention to unless it was them ;-) 

Feel free to add your ideas and experiences to our Mothers for Liberty group as your time permits and I'll keep my eye on the members list of our Libertarian Moms group in hopes you'll join us one day.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jan
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MothersForLiberty/
http://www.cafemom.com/group/libertarian_moms

jejstover

All,

I'm thinking about putting together a "Mothers for Liberty" cookbook and would love to get your thoughts on the idea and a sampling of recipes from any and all interested moms/women.

A portion of the proceeds would be donated to The Mothers Institute (the non-profit organization I have been working on in conjuction w/my advisory board) and may also be used as a fundraising tool for additional endeavors.

So please be thinking about some of your unique family recipes you may want to share/submit ... casseroles, side dishes, sandwiches, desserts, snacks, camping, recipes easy to prepare with kids, holidays recipes and more. Also if the recipe has a story or memory to go along with it, all the better.

If you're interested, please let me know. Once you decide what recipe you would like to submit, feel free to send it directly on to me.

This could be a great project and a valuable finished product!

Also, please visit our "Mothers for Liberty" website at: http://www.mothersforliberty.com/ Its just a homepage at this point, but gives you a feel for what is to come.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Jan

imike123