• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christian Anarchy is the best answer...

Started by ChristianAnarchist, September 18, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristianAnarchist

Hi everyone.  Some of you know me from the freetalklive BBS and I'm fed up with the disgusting pictures and vulgar language the insecure little kids keep posting there so I'm here promoting liberty and my version of Christianity (they go hand in hand in my opinion).

Everything I post is my opinion of life based on my life's experiences and so here is what I posted a couple of years back on the freetalklive BBS under a similar topic heading.  This topic became one of the most "popular" and controversial on that board...

Why would I say that Christian Anarchy is the best sensible answer... Let me count the ways...

1.  Most here believe that we have "inalienable rights" although most don't know why our rights
are inalienable.  The old guys who founded this fiction called USA understood them to be so
because they believed we were CREATED with them (by a Creator).  Remember the common
words that most believe in such "All men are created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain
inalienable rights, among them are..."  Certainly if you cut out a belief in "the Creator" you gut
the authority for rights in the preceding ideal.  If you cut the Creator, where does the authority
for your creation of rights come from?  Little green men?  The Id?  Do you simply believe they
are "just there"?  Why??  If your rights come from a Creator who is of course great enough to
create you and your rights, then they are truly inalienable due to the fact that someone at least
as "great" as your "Creator" would be needed to destroy them.  Certainly a mere man is not
as great as that which created him so a man would not be "great" enough to destroy what was
"created" by his "creator".

2.  As Christians, the old guys who founded the fiction USA understood the Christian idea that all
men were sinners and none are "good" enough to be entrusted with "ruling" over any other men.
Therefore they tried a "new" idea never before tried in history.  Was it a "republic"?  No, Rome
was a republic as well as others.  The "new" idea was "sovereignty", another idea that came from
Christianity.  All men are Kings and Princes in Christ, Paul said (or at least someone who we have
been led to believe was Paul).  So the "experiment" was to put men in the rightful position as
"creator" of the fiction USA.  As "creators", the fiction USA could have no authority over over
it's creators any more than we can have authority over God.  No authority = anarchy.

3.  The "experiment" has failed miserably as man (the rightful authority over the fiction USA)
has "forgotten" that each one is "over" his "servant" fiction USA and has allowed the fiction
to take on a form and power which is simulating a true entity (which it is not).  Man has
neglected his own Creator which is the rightful authority over him and has forsaken his
stewardship of keeping the fiction USA in line.

4.  Since the fiction USA is no longer within the authority of it's creator man, the fiction ceases
to exist.  It is replaced by REAL MEN who are acting out as if they have some authority from
this "fiction" that allows them to use FORCE over their fellow man.  These real men who use
force are violating the rights of their fellow man.  Most are deceived into believing that the fiction
really exists and gives them some magical power over others.

5.  Since they have no legitimate power, we are already living in anarchy, you just don't know it.

Tom Sawyer

d_goddard

Nice to see you here, Gene :)

I'd kive you a "welcome Home" +1 karma point, but you created The Thread That Will Not Die already ;)

Ogre

Now if someone would just tell the masses and the government that we're an anarchy, things would be much more peaceful around here...

Lex

shyfrog

Lasse

Oo, uh, nope, sorry. I don't need a hokey religion in order to enjoy, wish for or work towards liberty. Yes, I have inalienable natural rights, they are just there, and I'm not going to let you use that perception of rights as some excuse to proselytize. I live in a country with a state church and 90% membership of that church, if I wanted to believe in eternal damnation and exclusion of homosexuals, hindus, muslims and people I don't like, I would have joined the crowd a long time ago. They ('they' as in government, not parents) tried forcing it on me - compulsory public school attendance with subsequent compulsury prayer, christian ed and church attendance. Hey, guess what, I'm still not biting that whole death cult membership thing.

Welcome, though. I'm sure we agree on at least 80% of the issues. :P

Braddogg

All of that presupposes the existence of a god.  The Founders were wrong: gods do not exist.  And that has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread: http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=6686.0.  If you have something to add to that thread, Gene, go for it :)  If I can be convinced that God exists, I'll happily go back to being a Christian anarchist.

Our inalienable rights come from the application of morality, and morality must be based on rationality, logic, and the application of something approximating the scientific method.

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

AlexLibman

I know of a few examples of Neo-Tolstoyan, Neo-Transcendentalist, and other Christian movements that can sort of be called pro-Liberty, at least as long as you voluntarily submit to basic Christian values.  Those movements are very small and very rare, probably representing less than 1% of the world's Christian population (unless you include the Alex Jones types, in which case you might get as much as 3%).  At the same time you have movements like Objectivism, which is nearly 100% pro-Liberty.  Christianity clearly isn't the silver bullet here...

Nonetheless, welcome to the forum!  (Though I mostly just lurk here until I get serious about FSP... someday... maybe... or not...)  Hope you won't abandon the FTL forum entirely, the two complement each-other nicely depending on what mood you're in.  And: best of luck!   :)

dalebert

ladyattis

Quote from: ChristianAnarchist on September 18, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT
Hi everyone.  Some of you know me from the freetalklive BBS and I'm fed up with the disgusting pictures and vulgar language the insecure little kids keep posting there so I'm here promoting liberty and my version of Christianity (they go hand in hand in my opinion).

Everything I post is my opinion of life based on my life's experiences and so here is what I posted a couple of years back on the freetalklive BBS under a similar topic heading.  This topic became one of the most "popular" and controversial on that board...

Why would I say that Christian Anarchy is the best sensible answer... Let me count the ways...

1.  Most here believe that we have "inalienable rights" although most don't know why our rights
are inalienable.  The old guys who founded this fiction called USA understood them to be so
because they believed we were CREATED with them (by a Creator).  Remember the common
words that most believe in such "All men are created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain
inalienable rights, among them are..."  Certainly if you cut out a belief in "the Creator" you gut
the authority for rights in the preceding ideal.  If you cut the Creator, where does the authority
for your creation of rights come from?  Little green men?  The Id?  Do you simply believe they
are "just there"?  Why??  If your rights come from a Creator who is of course great enough to
create you and your rights, then they are truly inalienable due to the fact that someone at least
as "great" as your "Creator" would be needed to destroy them.  Certainly a mere man is not
as great as that which created him so a man would not be "great" enough to destroy what was
"created" by his "creator".

2.  As Christians, the old guys who founded the fiction USA understood the Christian idea that all
men were sinners and none are "good" enough to be entrusted with "ruling" over any other men.
Therefore they tried a "new" idea never before tried in history.  Was it a "republic"?  No, Rome
was a republic as well as others.  The "new" idea was "sovereignty", another idea that came from
Christianity.  All men are Kings and Princes in Christ, Paul said (or at least someone who we have
been led to believe was Paul).  So the "experiment" was to put men in the rightful position as
"creator" of the fiction USA.  As "creators", the fiction USA could have no authority over over
it's creators any more than we can have authority over God.  No authority = anarchy.

3.  The "experiment" has failed miserably as man (the rightful authority over the fiction USA)
has "forgotten" that each one is "over" his "servant" fiction USA and has allowed the fiction
to take on a form and power which is simulating a true entity (which it is not).  Man has
neglected his own Creator which is the rightful authority over him and has forsaken his
stewardship of keeping the fiction USA in line.

4.  Since the fiction USA is no longer within the authority of it's creator man, the fiction ceases
to exist.  It is replaced by REAL MEN who are acting out as if they have some authority from
this "fiction" that allows them to use FORCE over their fellow man.  These real men who use
force are violating the rights of their fellow man.  Most are deceived into believing that the fiction
really exists and gives them some magical power over others.

5.  Since they have no legitimate power, we are already living in anarchy, you just don't know it.

Prove God and I might consider it. Otherwise, I'm a die hard Objectivist.

-- Brede

toowm

Welcome Gene! I have enjoyed your reports on China for FTL. Any chance of moving to the Free State?

I'm a Christian but not an anarchist, so I'm the yang to the previous posters' yin. Hope that doesn't make me a Taoist. ;)

ChristianAnarchist

Quote from: toowm on September 18, 2007, 04:01 PM NHFT
Welcome Gene! I have enjoyed your reports on China for FTL. Any chance of moving to the Free State?

I'm a Christian but not an anarchist, so I'm the yang to the previous posters' yin. Hope that doesn't make me a Taoist. ;)

I joined the FSP quite some time ago but it will be several years until we are free from our obligations here...

Looking forward to it...