• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christian Anarchy is the best answer...

Started by ChristianAnarchist, September 18, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I agree.
How did you come to these conclusions? I was completely blown away by Tolstoy's book and it has changed my views on many things.

So how should we then live? :)

TylerM

I'm a Christian, and an Anarchist, but not a "Christian anarchist" by the definition I think you mean. I do believe that the state was, if anything else, a punishment from God (granted upon the Israelites) and not what he intended for us, it's just taken us ten thousand years to really begin to figure this out. I notice the flag in your icon has a red half contrasting the black, which is sending yellow (or gold, you might say) lights off in my head.

In your idea of Christian anarchy, are you an advocate for communal property, and communities based of the joint ownership of the means of production? If not, change that red to gold and alleviate my fears. =P

KBCraig

Quote from: alaska on September 18, 2007, 06:25 PM NHFT
This thread should be in the "Endless debate and whining" section.

Maybe Kat will create the "Endless bitching and moaning" section just for you.

Russell Kanning

grasshopper

My head hurts, I've got food on my shirt, I like buiskuts n gravy, I know God created us, I have itchy feet.....

ChristianAnarchist

Quote from: TylerM on September 18, 2007, 06:41 PM NHFT
I'm a Christian, and an Anarchist, but not a "Christian anarchist" by the definition I think you mean. I do believe that the state was, if anything else, a punishment from God (granted upon the Israelites) and not what he intended for us, it's just taken us ten thousand years to really begin to figure this out. I notice the flag in your icon has a red half contrasting the black, which is sending yellow (or gold, you might say) lights off in my head.

In your idea of Christian anarchy, are you an advocate for communal property, and communities based of the joint ownership of the means of production? If not, change that red to gold and alleviate my fears. =P

I'm not sure what definition you are referring to.  My personal definition is slightly different than the definition I found online through a search (check my sig for a link to my blog and that definition).  I differ in that I do not accept the total pacifist ideology.  I recognize the right of self-defense to protect one from an aggressor.   I do not believe in communal property and the flag is simply the black/red "anarchist" flag with the cross imposed on it.  For one to believe in communal property, one would have to accept some "authority" that exists in order to enforce that communal ownership...

EthanAllen

QuoteFor one to believe in communal property, one would have to accept some "authority" that exists in order to enforce that communal ownership...

Communal property ownership based on consensus is legitimate authority!

ThePug

What do you have to say to "pragmatic" libertarians, who hold the opinion just based on a belief that a free society would work better for everyone? I'm not saying I'm one of those, but there are plenty of them out there. People who don't really give a hoot about the philosophical justifications, nor where exactly the definition of a "right" or "liberty" comes from.

SnowDog

And I'm the Atheist, Minarchist, Objectivist from Houston, TX...

It seems to me that if you can get enough people to agree to establish some sort of organized anarchy, (or kritarchy, as is defined in the wikipedia), then you won't have to worry about your minarchy becoming overbearing. Also, if you successfully work out all the domestic problems with anarchy, you still have to establish some sort of organized military to protect society from all the powerful, antagonistic, states from around the world.

ChristianAnarchist

Quote from: EthanAllen on September 18, 2007, 09:59 PM NHFT
QuoteFor one to believe in communal property, one would have to accept some "authority" that exists in order to enforce that communal ownership...

Communal property ownership based on consensus is legitimate authority!

And exactly how would one obtain "consensus" from a community of anarchists anyway??  And if one did manage to do so, then there would not be any problem with it as I would have "consented"...

Russell Kanning

so .... I guess you are here to debate with people .... do you think that is the best way to change people's minds.

ChristianAnarchist

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 19, 2007, 07:43 AM NHFT
so .... I guess you are here to debate with people .... do you think that is the best way to change people's minds.

Is this not a forum for debate?  Certainly my mind has been changed through debate so it's logical for me to assume that other's would as well (perhaps I'm unique in this regard...)

Kat Kanning

It's more a forum for activism, but if you want to debate, you'll be tolerated.

Lasse

Quote from: ChristianAnarchist on September 18, 2007, 09:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: TylerM on September 18, 2007, 06:41 PM NHFT

I'm not sure what definition you are referring to.  My personal definition is slightly different than the definition I found online through a search (check my sig for a link to my blog and that definition).  I differ in that I do not accept the total pacifist ideology.  I recognize the right of self-defense to protect one from an aggressor.   I do not believe in communal property and the flag is simply the black/red "anarchist" flag with the cross imposed on it.  For one to believe in communal property, one would have to accept some "authority" that exists in order to enforce that communal ownership...
They're referring to your 'anarchist flag', it's not a generic anarchist flag, that's the all-black one. The gold/black variant is the an-cap/property rights anarchist type, while your red/black is the communist-anarchist version. If you don't agree with EthanAllen and his crowd, who say that property rights are an aggression, you should change that flag to a gold/black flag with a cross on it. ;)

Ogre

Damn, there's rules for flags, too?  What is this, gang colors?   :icon_pirat:  Guess I'll just stick with my Gadsden Flag.