• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christian Anarchy is the best answer...

Started by ChristianAnarchist, September 18, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristianAnarchist

Indeed, belief in God and belief in "government" are very similar.  Both are religions.  This clarifies the old adage of not speaking of politics and religion - they are in actually both "religions".  The "existence of a Creator" is quite independent of any "religion".  Religion is a attempt by men to understand the Creator.  We can debate the existence of a "Creator" all we want, but His existence is not dependent on whether we believe in Him or not...

Braddogg

Quote from: ChristianAnarchist on September 21, 2007, 04:17 PM NHFT
Indeed, belief in God and belief in "government" are very similar.  Both are religions.  This clarifies the old adage of not speaking of politics and religion - they are in actually both "religions".  The "existence of a Creator" is quite independent of any "religion".  Religion is a attempt by men to understand the Creator.  We can debate the existence of a "Creator" all we want, but His existence is not dependent on whether we believe in Him or not...

Aren't you trying to understand "the Creator" . . . ?

ChristianAnarchist

Quote from: RattyDog on September 21, 2007, 06:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: ChristianAnarchist on September 21, 2007, 04:17 PM NHFT

Dude, what are you smoking, man?

I didn't say anything about believing in god... the point of my reply to you, is that whether or not god is exists, a lot of "fucking up" and killing has gone down "in his name". His is existance is a moot point, it won't undo the crusades, it won't bring back the millions of people who have died in his name, it won't do anything to restore the respect that was lost for females and femenine culture as a result of the stupid men who have ruled the church for so long and it won't "unbrainwash" the millions of people throughout the world who have fallen victim to an evil church, ruled by very rich evil men, with very evil schemes...it won't change anything.  It's like you discussing the validitiy of the gov't in the same thread as discussing the most effective method of overcoming our situation as citizens with fewer rights every day....whether or not the gov't is a valid entity and exists, is beside the point, what are we going to do to fix the problem? Debating about whether the central gov't is a valid entity, on this board, is stupid, we all know that they are thieves and thugs...so, what are you here to talk about? Or are you just here to talk? If so, fine, but be clear. If you are trying to *do* something, make that clear to....so, what are you trying to *do*?

What are you trying to *do*??

You did state that the "idea" that God exists caused "X".  I pointed out to you that "religion" and the greatest "religion" of all (the "belief" in "government") is the cause of all the death and destruction.  The Crusades was because of a belief in a "government" that had been granted a special "mission from God" to kill people.  Of course God did not grant any such "mission" and if He had, he wouldn't have granted it to a "fiction" government to carry out His will. 

So I guess what I'm trying to *do* is, for one, try to straighten out some crooked thinking...

YixilTesiphon

J’raxis 270145

Any thread phrased in the form of "$philosophy is the best answer" is just an invitation to pointless—and ultimately vicious—debating and flaming, and should probably just be deleted.

No good can come of this.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 21, 2007, 10:34 PM NHFT
Any thread phrased in the form of "$philosophy is the best answer" is just an invitation to pointless—and ultimately vicious—debating and flaming, and should probably just be deleted.

No good can come of this.
you could make yourself a forum ... and then delete these sorts of threads.

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 21, 2007, 10:34 PM NHFT

Probably a bit of an over-reaction, but this board does have a section for debate threads. There's nothing wrong with this thread, per se. It's just in the wrong section. Perhaps a moderator could assist.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on September 22, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT
Probably a bit of an over-reaction, but this board does have a section for debate threads. There's nothing wrong with this thread, per se. It's just in the wrong section. Perhaps a moderator could assist.

Maybe. I was just thinking, when I saw YixilTesiphon's post, that this was going to begin devolving into a flamewar à la Fark.com's religion threads.

Dreepa

Wow seems that people are jumping pretty harsh on CA.

I am granting everyone's wishes and moving this thread.

Welcome CA.... I think that CA is fine.... what steps would you do to create it?

Lindsey

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 22, 2007, 11:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on September 22, 2007, 08:02 AM NHFT

Maybe. I was just thinking, when I saw YixilTesiphon's post, that this was going to begin devolving into a flamewar à la Fark.com's religion threads.

Funny how you should mention that.  Yixil got that picture from me, after I saw it in a TotalFark Discussion thread.   ;D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on September 22, 2007, 01:11 PM NHFT
Wow seems that people are jumping pretty harsh on CA.

I am granting everyone's wishes and moving this thread.
I didn't wish it. :)
It is funny how crazy people get in these threads.

ChristianAnarchist

Goodbye.  I thought that at least at NHFree I might find some true "freedom" minded people (or at least moderators) who could provide a place for discussion on this topic (but I guess so called "freedom" minded people do not "tolerate" any discussion against their grain).  I have been to China about 9 times in the last 14 years and quite frankly feel that there's more "tolerance" there than here in the "land of the free" (hah!!)

Kat Kanning

Dang, we lost another debatatarian.  :( 
What will we do now??

Dreepa

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 23, 2007, 09:11 AM NHFT
Dang, we lost another debatatarian.  :( 
What will we do now??
Thick skin eh?
Didn't take him long.

I am sure he can debate over in the FSP forum. ;)