• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christian Anarchy is the best answer...

Started by ChristianAnarchist, September 18, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Braddogg

dalebert

OK, some people didn't like him preaching his religion. Surprise, surprise. He should be used to that and it shouldn't necessarily stop him trying. Other than that, his thread was just moved into the appropriate place on the forum. Over-reaction on both sides, it seems to me.
*shrug*

Lindsey

Quote from: ChristianAnarchist on September 23, 2007, 08:45 AM NHFT
Goodbye.  I thought that at least at NHFree I might find some true "freedom" minded people (or at least moderators) who could provide a place for discussion on this topic (but I guess so called "freedom" minded people do not "tolerate" any discussion against their grain).  I have been to China about 9 times in the last 14 years and quite frankly feel that there's more "tolerance" there than here in the "land of the free" (hah!!)

Oh wah.  Cry me a river, Justin Timberlake style.  There's not a lack of tolerance here.  There's a lack of tact on your part.  There are too many philosophical suggestions, theories, ideas, whatevers in this world to suggest that one is the only answer, the best answer, or the one thing that will save us all.  That's a good majority of the reason that CA's stuff was not very well-received over at FTL, and here as well.  Implying that our beliefs are wrong at the first impression is not the way to get on most people's good side.   :P

Barterer

Lindsey is right.  The reason people treated him harshly (besides the fact that he wanted to start another religious debate) is because of his behavior on the FTL boards.  He already did the exact same thread over there, and it went for 100+ pages..  during which, several members took the bait and led him patiently by the hand, in logical little baby steps, all the way from point A to point B..  showing exactly how and where we was wrong. 

Being an obtuse, undebatable  debatarian, CA would always slink away with one of his soft, SNL-church-lady type insults. After he pissed off several people that way, he switched to bragging about how long the thread went, and whining about insults from those who ran out of patience with him. 

When he showed up here, I kind of wanted to say something, but bit my fingers instead, thinking he might have changed after all that.  Instead he stamped his foot and went off in a hissy again.  Boo Hoo.

shyfrog

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Barterer on September 23, 2007, 02:57 PM NHFT
Lindsey is right.  The reason people treated him harshly (besides the fact that he wanted to start another religious debate) is because of his behavior on the FTL boards.  He already did the exact same thread over there, and it went for 100+ pages..  during which, several members took the bait and led him patiently by the hand, in logical little baby steps, all the way from point A to point B..  showing exactly how and where we was wrong. 

Being an obtuse, undebatable  debatarian, CA would always slink away with one of his soft, SNL-church-lady type insults. After he pissed off several people that way, he switched to bragging about how long the thread went, and whining about insults from those who ran out of patience with him. 

When he showed up here, I kind of wanted to say something, but bit my fingers instead, thinking he might have changed after all that.  Instead he stamped his foot and went off in a hissy again.  Boo Hoo.

I didn't even know about his posting on the FTL boards; I've an account there but don't post, nor read it much.

I have absolutely nothing against him being a Christian Anarchist, honestly—and I'm an atheist—nor even him thinking it's the "best answer" and that he's right and everyone else is wrong. Whatever works, as long as people observe the NAP/ZAP principle. I'm simply becoming very intolerant of the masterdebater types that suck up everyone's time and energy, especially after Malum Prohibitum's complete meltdown and the continuing Bill G. saga.

I've seen forums become inundated with trolls to the point where they're unusable, and all the good people leave (anyone here ever used to go to Kuro5hin.org?), and it's not a pretty sight.

Lindsey

Quote from: Barterer on September 23, 2007, 02:57 PM NHFT

He actually got to a point where he created a thread specifically to respond to all of the other threads, so he wouldn't have to click "reply" so many times.  He did snap out of it, and post his few responses in the appropriate forum, I believe.  But all that was left recently was his epic (failure) of a thread, and a couple of others devoted to automobile-related interests. 

I almost locked this thread over at FTL when it became a huge clusterfuck.  All in all, CA was a pretty good caller to FTL, and occasionally had something of interest to say.  But as I mentioned before, when the only thing you have to say is "Listen to me because my ideas are right and yours aren't", I'm not going to want to hear what you have to say.  He obviously had not mastered the skill of tactful debate. 

We as free thinkers are very tolerant of new and different ideas.  I support CA's right to believe in what ever he chooses, but I will vehemently disagree if I please as well. 

I'm actually surprised that he deleted his account here.  He still lurks over at FTL, which is cool.  They always seem to come back.   :bdance2:

Also...I don't know why I picked the dancing banana smiley.  I just thought it was badass. 

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 23, 2007, 05:39 PM NHFT
I've seen forums become inundated with trolls to the point where they're unusable, and all the good people leave (anyone here ever used to go to Kuro5hin.org?), and it's not a pretty sight.

e.g. FTL

Rochelle

Christian anarchy is the best answer....

.......for christian anarchists.

How the hell do you do the dancing banana and other moving smilies I keep finding? I'm getting jealous!

dalebert

Quote from: Rochelle on September 24, 2007, 07:36 AM NHFT
How the hell do you do the dancing banana and other moving smilies I keep finding? I'm getting jealous!

See the little link next to the smiley's that says "more"?

Rochelle

whoa!
Wow!

They meant more didn't they?

Thanks, Dale, I feel empowered!  :thanks:

J’raxis 270145

That "Here, I'll help you to shut the fuck up" animation Dale has ought to be scaled and to be added to that smiley list, for use on future trolls.