• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stop Shaheen!

Started by CNHT, September 20, 2007, 12:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

Anyone who would consider her over Sununu, who has the HIGHEST rating in the country by the NTU (http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=95) is either someone who doesn't pay taxes and hence wants more from the pockets of the rest of us or doesn't have their head screwed on right.

Name State Grade Score Rank
Sununu New Hampshire A 91% 1

#1!  Why even think of replacing the highest rated senator in the country!

CNHT

Quote from: lildog on September 20, 2007, 12:15 PM NHFT
Anyone who would consider her over Sununu, who has the HIGHEST rating in the country by the NTU (http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=95) is either someone who doesn't pay taxes and hence wants more from the pockets of the rest of us or doesn't have their head screwed on right.

Name State Grade Score Rank
Sununu New Hampshire A 91% 1

#1!  Why even think of replacing the highest rated senator in the country!

As I've said before, it's all about money. He who holds the money holds the power. Remove the money from the gov't and they can't have power over you.
Start with the taxes....and you'll do well to go from there.

For me my most important issues are taxes and guns, not necessarily in that order.  ;)

CNHT

Not that Sununu isn't good on other issues:

The vote to restore Habeas Corpus was defeated today by 56 in favor of restoring it to 43 saying Naye. Sixty votes were need to end cloture. We can at least recognize our brave Republican Senator who voted, along with others, to restore it.

Sununu (R-NH), Yea

EthanAllen

Quote from: CNHT on September 20, 2007, 01:50 PM NHFT

The vote to restore Habeas Corpus was defeated today by 56 in favor of restoring it to 43 saying Naye. Sixty votes were need to end cloture. We can at least recognize our brave Republican Senator who voted, along with others, to restore it.

Sununu (R-NH), Yea

It is only because he is scared for his seat and so he can say he "distanced" himself from the President on a number of issues.

CNHT

Quote from: EthanAllen on September 20, 2007, 05:32 PM NHFT

Sununu (R-NH), Yea

It is only because he is scared for his seat and so he can say he "distanced" himself from the President on a number of issues.

I've known him for years so I doubt that's the case.

EthanAllen

Quote from: CNHT on September 20, 2007, 05:35 PM NHFT

Sununu (R-NH), Yea

It will be the same failed strategy as Bass. An "independent" Republican...blah, blah, blah.

jsorens

Quote from: EthanAllen on September 20, 2007, 05:44 PM NHFT

Sununu (R-NH), Yea

It will be the same failed strategy as Bass. An "independent" Republican...blah, blah, blah.

Does it matter? As long as he's doing the right thing, I don't care what his motivations are. He's a damned sight better than some Hillary clone, that's for sure.

CNHT

Quote from: jsorens on September 20, 2007, 08:23 PM NHFT
Does it matter? As long as he's doing the right thing, I don't care what his motivations are. He's a damned sight better than some Hillary clone, that's for sure.

Yeah if EA had his way, we'd all vote Democrat and give up our property rights.

EthanAllen

Quote from: jsorens on September 20, 2007, 08:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on September 20, 2007, 05:44 PM NHFT

Sununu (R-NH), Yea

The only hope he has is if the so-called war in Iraq is going better. Otherwise my bet is that he is toast.

CNHT

I doubt people will give up a 91% score for a tax and spend jerk like Jeanne Shaheen.

EthanAllen

Quote from: CNHT on September 20, 2007, 08:43 PM NHFT
I doubt people will give up a 91% score for a tax and spend jerk like Jeanne Shaheen.

What people - NH voters?

What was Bass's score?

lildog

Quote from: jsorens on September 20, 2007, 08:23 PM NHFTDoes it matter? As long as he's doing the right thing, I don't care what his motivations are. He's a damned sight better than some Hillary clone, that's for sure.

Well said and for that matter true.  Regardless of the reasons, Sununu is doing the right things.  His anti spending record goes back quite a number of years as well so that is far from being something just to save his seat.

And even if you do think he's doing things ONLY to save his seat, is that reason to toss him out for someone who is clearly worse on almost every level?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: EthanAllen on September 20, 2007, 08:42 PM NHFT
The only hope he has is if the so-called war in Iraq is going better. Otherwise my bet is that he is toast.

Since that is the most important issue in America, you may be right.  If he loses, it will be 100% his fault and because of his Iraq Conflict stance and votes.  However, other than the most important issue, he is the best Senater in America right now and it would suck if he lost (maybe WY would have the best Senator).  Of course, Jeanne Shaheen is also popular in NH.

Dreepa

i think that people are forgetting that the the voters don't know anything about his voting record on taxes.  They know he is a republican and shaheen is hillary.

That is all they are going to care about.  There was a nice LTE in the paper today saying the Shaheen is Hillary of NH.